Low test and platelet level

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mystery Guest, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I received my test resuts back yesterday and my test levels were at 110. Doctor reccomended me to go on HRT. My blood platelet levels were also extrememly low.

I do however think I've always had this problem b/c I've never grown naturually. I went about 2 whole years without seeing gains, until I started taking test then I grew. Considering I've trained non-stop for almost 5 years I look like shit compaired to what I should look like for someone who has trained this long.

I had a couple of questions for those that know.

What was your experience with HRT?

How long did it last?

Also I might add HRT sounds like a cover up for an underlying issue. Once a week shot doesn't sound good becuase your blood levels would not be too stable. If you are putting test into your body and once you stop doesn't it hinder your body's ability to prodice it's own test?

I am on gh - for the last 4 months, doctor thinks it may be contributing to a low platelet level. I though GH would help me in that area, is this true?

Could the low test levels affect my platelet levels?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

So how long have you been using? how old are you again 32?

3. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Using, as in Growth? About 4 months.

Did my first test cycle 3 years ago. Always had proper bloodwork done, before, during, and after. Except I never had my test levels checked. I am 31... Always had proper PCT nailed down. I was also a late grower in puberty, so I think I amy have had low test levels since I was 13.

4. ralyks

ralyks New Member

5. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Thanks, I had trouble finding decent literauture without some type of opinion on how it was bad/good. Looking for experiences more than anything.

Not even looking to grow from it, just want to be back to a normal functioning man. My gf is starting to think it's her. :rofl:

6. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

31?

Shit, I probably won't make it that long till I end up on full blown HRT:hs:

Seriously, if your levels are truly low, why suffer? Get a good doctor, get on a good hrt dose of test (100-200mg per week max. No people, 500mg of test per week is not HRT, thats a fucking cycle!). See the doc regularly, keep up with blood work, monitor you're prostate health, and enjoy all the anti-aging benefits.

HRT is a PERMANANT solution. Once you decide to go on, be sure that jabbing your ass weekly for the rest of your life is an option.

7. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I had my doc appointment yesterday. Scheduled to go in on Friday for my first shot. I sure hope this isn't a every week/two thing b/c my insurance caps out at a certain amount. Maybe he'll give me a bottle of it.

Funny you mention prostate health b/c I had issues a few months back with it. It's a nasty, nasty problem to have. :hs:

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

AF has a whole board dedicated to HRT

9. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Thanks Maine, I'll check it out.

10. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Also, Mike has been on HRT for a while. Shoot him a pm about it. Good luck dude. I'm almost 30 and I have lost my athletic "drive" to compete or whatever...I'm still making gains in the gym though so hopefully low test isn't my problem. I'm afraid to get it checked actually :rofl: I think my problem is more stress/anxiety related.

11. macro

macro New Member

testosterone, legally prescribed is pretty cheap, usually about 30-40$ for a 10cc bottle. You really should self administer, if you doc is not into that, get another doctor. You definitely want to shoot every week, every 2 weeks does not provide very even hormone levels.

12. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Yeah, that's what I figured, every 2 weeks. Shitty thing is I am probbably sterile as well, or will be after I have to stay on this stuff. Either I always had this problem, or I really screwed my natural test production with my past cycles. :wtc:

13. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

It's funny as I read this AF board on the HRT forum. These people are happy that they have low test and can get free test for HRT. I would rather not have to take this stuff for the rest of my life, some of these retards are happy about it. Yay my body does not function correctly. :ugh:

14. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

HRT is going to be long term. Chances are if you get a script for test, you'll be a lifer.

15. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Test is a beautiful substance, and being able to increase how much you have in you at will is something some people enjoy.

Do you plan on having kids? If not then sterility shouldn't be an issue. If you do, there may be some drug you can use simultaneously to get it back, someone else would know.
    Does anyone know if HCG work on HRT too? Might be able to use that to keep your nuts hanging big.

16. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Most HRT docs worth a damn will concurrently administer HCG therapy to keep the body somewhat primed to produce it's own testosterone as well as for purely aesthetic reasons (turns out chics don't really dig raisinette sized balls).

17. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

While I don't have an immediate plan to have kids, it is possible I'd like to some day.

I am not into have small nuts either. :o I am going to see if I can get HCG instead. While I like test, I really don't want to be a lifer. It seems like a perfect situation for some of you, but having to rely on something your whole life is not an ideal situation. :hsd:

18. ralyks

ralyks New Member

You should go back to the link I sent you and read about HCG. It's suppressive like Test itself.

If your test levels really were 100, then you're a candidate for HRT. You don't seem to understand that HRT is to meant to bring you to normal levels because you aren't, and will never be, at normal levels.

19. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

While it's true HCG will supress release of FSH and LH by the pituitary, rebound of these hormones in the absence of HCG is very quick. It's desensitization of the leydig cells to LH that should be of primary concern with HCG therapy. But again, any HRT doc should be well aware of what administration protocols are safe for the long term.

20. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I don't want to go into the doctor kickin gear knowledge to him, otherwise he's going to think I just came off a cycle and looking for free test. :o

21. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:o
    The more you know

22. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Or you can actually learn about something that's going to affect you the rest of your life and throw your blood work in his face if he thinks you're just looking for test.

23. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Better than feeling like shit for the rest of your life. We're not talking about cycling huge amounts of roids, but rather make you feel normal again.

24. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

hrt doesnt make you sterile.

25. Mass

Mass Active Member

thats why you never want to inject more than 500 iu's of HCG at any one time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.