Low ID Drama

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Darketernal, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

[​IMG]

Current situation

Computer<--->router<--->LiveBox Modem----->internet

-No firewalls (on any of the three above)
    -DMZ(unrestricted acces = forwarded to the computer of my IP adress.

Still, i keep getting low-ID's when connecting to Emule or Azureus.

Livebox Modem: the firewall is out, meaning the out and incoming ports should have unrestricted acces.

Router: the IP of unrestricted acces is forwarded to my computer. This should enable a direct connection to my computer.

My Computer: The firewall is down, so i see no reason why a high id connection could not be made.

Still suffering from low-id :ugh:

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

illegal filesharing?

3. 7960

7960 New Member

My nephew's band uploads some of their music for legal download. Just having emule loaded doesn't mean "illegal filesharing."

4. Create

Create :free at last:

Before some asshole gets us too far off track:

Try changing your Azureus/EMule port.

I know you've got the DMZ setup, remove it and put a specific port forward into the router.

Sometimes bittorrent get's screwball and doesn't like my IP addy. Try forcing the modem to acquire a new IP.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

[​IMG]

We had a black-out in our neighbourhood so in terms of receiving no t.v or internet signals for a few days(reason why i wasn't on-line) ,but internet came back on, still low-id :squint:

HOWEVER i found the solution :wiggle:

The livebox is strange. In the picture you can see that my local ip adress = 192.168.0.2

For my livebox however i am 192.168.1.11

The livebox firewall appears to be active even if you deactivate it :hsd: so shutting it off does not mean unrestricted access to the internet as one would may suspect.

What i did is i disconnected the router, then made a direct connection on my pc, and started messing with the port forwarding.

It basically came down to that if i allowed access on 192.168.0.2 i had Low-ID, because i had to allow acces to what the LiveBox Modem saw as my local IP adress ,namely the 192.168.1.11, after setting it to that ip adress, i had high-id again :hsugh: which was weird to say the least.