A&P Loving Macro

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ASIGN_Baz, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

Hi all, I just wanted to get some tips on this kind of photography as I am starting to get some nice results.

I have become very excited since a mate and I had a Skype meeting and he explained how I could properly use my manual settings on my EOS 400 D and 18-55 kit lens. This is great stuff! I have been doing the astrophotography for so long now, this is all new to me and you have been a key part in me finally getting it!

Now, I have a couple to show since then. They are not great, but it was a lot of fun doing this on full manual. The lens and screw ons are fairly limiting and take a LOT of mucking about to get focus just right, but it is do-able.

I know often it is not cool to centre an object, but in the case of these two, there really wasn't much around the subject to frame it better. ( I am very open to correction here).

Should I have left the fly in full colour? Should I have monochromed the background on the ant? I was down on the ground for the ant with the lens nearly in the dirt, would there have been a better angle?

I didn't use a flash, it was late afternoon in overcast light.

Any C&C on these would be appreciated. What could I/should I have done?

Baz.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

Are you using the reverse lens technique? There are a couple members on here who have had pretty good results with a reversed kit lens (or reverse 50mm).

I like the first one. I don't think the selective coloring works on the second one. Most here on OTAP will say that selective coloring never works.

Macro is fun, I've been missing my 105vr since I sold it and looking for another one.

ibneedsmoreglitter

3. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

Thanks Mutombo, what is reverse lens technique?

Baz.