Love.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RyeLou, Dec 12, 2006.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

How long were you with someone before you loved them? Did you tell them then or did you wait? If you waited, why?

2. Combine

Combine OT Supporter

ya michigan!!! anyway, I dont think you can really put a time span on loving someone, it will happen all on its own. For me I told a girl I loved her (which i regret) after a year of dating her

3. Pump Scout

Pump Scout New Member

I, on the other hand, knew right away with my now-wife. Told her within the first week of us actually "being together", as well as the belief that we were meant to be together (which is holding true to this day, 15 years later). There's not really a set timetable for declaring your love. When the time is right, it's right. In the past, there were girlfriends I'd had with whom the relationship never went to love.

And then there's the other one. Still wonder what happened to her....

4. Low

Low New Member

I'm so strongly against fake love, people who say it because it's "what you say." So I was very skeptical about the word, even leading into my relationship with the girl I'm with now. About a couple of weeks into the deal with her, I explained to her my thoguhts on the word, and she completely agreed. More and more perfect days past (by perfect I mean, she is completely what I was looking for), then I realized that I actually was in love with her. So you could call the realization part about 3 - 4 weeks in, and I told her I loved her about a month in, and I mean in completely to this day.

So it really depends on how long it takes you to clue in that who your with means everything to you, some people hide their true selves until you let them show you, so it may or may not take awhile to realize. Then there's always the risk that you're kidding yourself, and you really could care less about the girl. You just need to think about if you really do care about her. You'll know for sure when you realize it, and even if you're alone, you'll probably grin like a moron for hours.

That's at least my views, and situation.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

A month-ish.

6. Black03

Black03 New Member

I was about the same. I also agree with some of the other comments about there not being a time-table for it. To me.. when you feel it you just feel it.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Every time I've fallen in love it's been within a month. I've only said "I love you" to 3 girls... one was a 3.5 year relationship, one was 2.5 years, and one was 1 year.

8. NomadicPants

NomadicPants Subaru > *

Took me and my gf 6 months to say the words. We both wanted to make sure that it was real before we said it.

I dont throw those words around.

9. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

it all depends, some gurls it takes longer than others, but some i love but aren in love with them, if that makes sense.

10. FlakBait

FlakBait New Member

3 months for me. My gf kept pushing me to say it first. :wtf: :squint: Didn't say it till I felt I was ready.

11. infanite

infanite New Member

I didn't say it until like 9 or 10 months into the relationship with my ex... I may have thought about it earlier but i held off on saying anything

12. Chase

Chase Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck yo

what the fuck? for real?

i think the first time when i really meant it, was after about 4 months...and thats after getting to know them really well..

13. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I think all this month stuff is not right. I am in a 1.5 yr. relationship and I have not said it yet. I want/will be 100% positive when I say it. I am not just going to say it when we are having a good day like most people. So many people THINK they love eachother when they are just getting all their emotions mixed up.

EDIT: And I do DISAGREE with what is said about time. I dont think there is too long of a time but I honestly dont think people love eachother in short terms, like weeks or months. Thats just my opinion. You dont even know them enough to love them when you have been dating for weeks or months.

14. sassy1

sassy1 perfusion?

Knew it from the moment I saw him, but didn't actually say it for a month.

15. 1.8t

1.8t Member

6 months for me.

16. ~QueenBee~

~QueenBee~ OT Supporter

I still havent....I dont feel it, I dont say it

17. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

only a few months, it took her breaking up with me for me to tell her (on that same night after she did it). We got back together about 2 months after that and have now been going out for 18 months. love is a great feeling :love:

18. Elaine

Elaine New Member

My husband and I have a nice story about how we told each other we love each other:

We went camping in the middle of winter two months after we met. When we were getting gear the guy at the store told us were were going to freeze our asses off. We did it anyway. And indeed, we froze our asses off.

We got our campsite late and it was already dark. And it was raining. Pouring. We set up the tent and got inside all wet and muddy. We both just burst out "I love you" at the same time.

19. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Nice story Elaine.

I've officially only been boyfriend/girlfriend with the girl I'm seeing for two weeks, but we dated for a while before that. We actually went on a vacation up north ourselves and both knew that was when we were going to officially start going out, so it could have actually been weeks before.

Anyhow...I do love her, but I haven't said it yet. I figure theres no harm in waiting to say it for the time being.

20. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Ive only felt it with one girl.

I REALLY, REALLY liked her a lot, but I kind of ignored anything past REALLY liking her. We had been going out for 4 months when I flew home for 2 weeks(back then I lived in Florida) and that is basically when that whole "love" thing hit me like a ton of bricks.

I basically went crazy for two weeks, until I flew back down to Florida. It then took me a little while to finaly come out and say it. Glad I did.

She aparently felt that way longer than I felt it, and she knew how I felt before I told her. She already figured me out...but she was just waiting for me to spill the beans first :hs:

21. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I'm not positive but I think I'm in the same boat. Either way, no harm in waiting.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah. But for some reason when that situation arises we're already usually spending tons of time together, so even tho it's like a month or so, we've already gone on a ton of dates/spent tons of time together/whatever. It's not the calendar time that passes that counts; it's how much time you spend together, I think.

You date a girl once a week for two months = seeing her 8 times. You see her every other day for 2 weeks = you see her 8 times. Same time spent together but different passage of actual time.

23. -+Deez+-

-+Deez+- New Member

I knew I loved my g/f the first day I layed my eyes on her, however I didn't say it until I was totally sure that she was the one for me... that took a little over 4 months however I don't think there's a time table for love. You will know when it hits ya but be prepared as it hits like a train and it comes out of nowhere :)

24. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

yup...found that out the hard way