Love sucks..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ApathyOnSunday, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ApathyOnSunday

ApathyOnSunday OT's Resident Undertaker.

So, the girl I've been dating for nearly 3 years, had plans to get engaged, decided to leave me. This is the same girl who cried in my arms and begged me and made me promise to never leave her, now who's crying?

Everything I do reminds me of her, when you're with someone for so long and spend so much time together, you have a memory with them everywhere.. I pull up to a store and a funny memory pops into my head, I'm fixing to go on vacation to the same place we went together last year, it's gonna be so hard.. This is the only girl out of all the girls I've dated that I ever saw myself with forever and that I would marry right now given the chance. She was perfect, the prettiest girl I've ever dated, she turned heads everywhere but most importantly she loved me like no one else and made me feel like no one else ever has.. It's so hard, but I put on a good front, I guess I'm used to dealing with sad situations from my job..

But basically, she joined the military and everything seemed great, now 10 months later she is saying we're too far apart and she can't give herself 100% to me right now.. So maybe she is done completly, maybe fell out of love, who knows.. But I just hope that when she gets out, maybe we can get back together and make this happen.. I know this is long and I'm sure no one really cares, but I just need to get all of this out.. I keep listening to "Waiting for you" by Ben Harper, god it's a great song right now..
    I know I haven't always been the best boyfriend to her, but I've always loved her and I'd give my own life for her anyday, even right now, I could never stand to see her hurt or in pain..:wtc:

2. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

It's over for her, and the sooner it'll be over for you the better off you'll be.

3. inyoeye

inyoeye huh?

maybe beacuse of that. i know its hard man. just get through it, only time will tell what happens. best of luck man

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:hug:

Dude, I know how you feel. Especially this part:

When I experienced almost exactly that same situation I realized that women do not know what they want. When they tell you they're feeling a certain way, it means they feel that way at that particular time. "Promise you will never leave me" means "promise you won't leave me right now because I am feeling vulnerable right now. I am allowed to change my mind on wanting this but you are not."

How old are you? How old is she?

It's been my experience that ending a serious relationship after 3 years is easier to deal with than ending a serious relationship after less than 1 year. I'm speaking from a chemical dependence standpoint... the longer you are with someone, the deeper your love grows, yes, but the initial attraction chemicals slowly fade which tends to make it physically easier to withdraw after a longer period of time. I'm not saying it's easy, because it's definately not. I'm just saying there seems to be less physical withdrawl at the end of longer relationships than at the end of shorter ones which, in the grand scheme of things, makes it easier to deal with.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

best thing that could have happened, but you dont yet have the perspective to see it

6. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

I've been in that situation too.

It honestly could not have happened at a better time for you. I foolishly thought I was going to marry a girl I was with for about 3 years.

She had the same emotional distress/issues as what you've mentioned with your ex. She begged and pleaded with me to never leave, said I was the most caring man she ever met, blah blah..

And you know what? I was head over heels for her. She walked out 2-3 times during the years we were together. She was always "unsure" or "needed to concentrate on school" and every time, I convinced her to be with me and give it another whirl. Mistake #1. That was a red flag.

It seems like she's a mature individual and told you how she felt about the situation. You two may or may not end up together, but you need to slowly move on in your terms.

Do not pine over her or think she'll come around. You may have been the best for her, but you can easily be the best for someone else.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  7. element4all

element4all Active Member

:hug::hug:so sorry man

8. ramboni

ramboni New Member

I am honestly sorry man but I think the best way to approach these things is learn to take care of yourself first again. So many times people get trapped into living for someone else that they forget how to be all about themselves again. I know it hurts now but take these next couple weeks and do all those things you might have wanted to do but didn't because she was around. You will gradually feel better every day.

9. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

11. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

That SUCKS.

Don't let it bring the rest of your life down. Cry at night in bed if you have to. Then keep your shit TOGETHER... if you still want her when she gets out of the military or whenever she gets back, u don't want to have lost ur job and stopped showering.

Eventually you need to start dating people to keep yourself human and social. Even if u just end up fucking them without feeling a lot. That is very important.

12. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

:rofl:

13. ApathyOnSunday

ApathyOnSunday OT's Resident Undertaker.

Alright.. It's been a few days.. I've been spending time with a girl who I've known for a while..
    I've always said that if a girl wants to leave me, then that's whats gonna happen, I'll never beg or plead and cry, because if she doesn't want me, then I don't want her. And I stuck true to that. I still love her very much and would like to marry her, but I haven't called her and I have no intentions to.

My buddy got dumped by his GF and all he has done is begged and cried, saying "please baby give me one more chance" when it wasn't even anything he did, but because of her immaturity, I've told him no girl is gonna want him back by being such a pussy.. But oh well, life goes on, and it's too short to worry and waste crying over some girl..