SRS Love or Infatuation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Titan King, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Titan King

Titan King New Member

Well some of you may know me from my previous thread: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3704338

Anyways something weird happened after 2 weeks of posting that thread, I was off sick for a week and when I came back to school and saw that girl, normally I would have felt depressed again and self-conscious but weirdly enough I felt nothing. I was completely thrown by this and throughout the whole day, I didn't feel self-conscious at all. How can it go away so suddenly and soon, not that I'm moaning :bigthumb:. But is it possible for it to have gone away so quickly, I look at her and just view her as the same as any girl.

Anyways, I've moved on for the better and met this new girl. This is a quote from what someone else said which describes my feelings perfectly and exactly.

She has a beautiful soul. There is no voice on this earth sweeter than hers. It's something else, it's angelic. Also the enthusiasm she has for each word- not 'phony, high pitched girly sounds'... but 'Real' happy-girl sounds. Her brown eyes are beautiful and they can be read like a book. They say more than 100 words with each expression. However, her smile has to be her very best quality... Big, bright, perfect and gorgeous. Every tooth fitting directly into it's place - flawless. She's passionate and can be wild at times. But inside she's pure, wholesome and innocent. Best of all though, she's a happy person. I guess she was destined to travel and show the world her beauty. Even her name is perfect, short and sweet.

Anyways what signs are there or how do I tell if it's love (WTF) or infatuation?

2. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Love takes time to develop, like years.

Infatuation is the chemical response in your brain that happens when you meet someone you find attractive.

And stop putting the pussy on a pedestal as they say.
    If you make women into these glorified objects you will have extreme diffculty interacting with them all your life, unless you're an artist or poet, who meet a lot of women because of their 'skillz'...

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Infatutation.

You can't love someone until you know them. And not just known them for 2 months. You have to of been in an intimate real relationship with them for a while. Love is deeper than her having a short name or sweet-sounding voice :rolleyes:

/thread

4. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Im in love with you beer

5. iwishyouwerebeer

I <3 you too

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Love is something you build. Yes, natural feelings of attraction are part of it, but so is trust, commitment, and knowing the other person.

7. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

a friend of mine wrote this:

8. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

All this talk about "love", "getting laid" (in other threads) makes me even more depressed and insignificant. The thought of someone "loving" makes me want to implode.

Can't think of a valid reason to post this message other than to just let off some steam.

9. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I'm glad I read this thread.

10. 2500

2500 Guest

Me and my BF had a big "shit hit the fan" moment back in October. He "thought" he loved another guy, and wanted to break up with me. All the the quirks he put up with all of a sudden bothered him. Not really I don't think, but I think it was more of a way to justify his feelings. But, he met this guy at a gay bar, texted him for maybe a month (behind my back, grrrr) and "loved" him. Well, in the end, he decided he wanted to stay with me, and that he was only infatuated with this other guy. Thats something I understand, because as humans, I think we can sometimes develop "highschool crushes" on people. Ya know, kinda like thinking about pizza, and getting real hungry, but then thinking "well, thats impulsive and not good for me, so I'll get a salad because it's better in the long run." Got that from a guy at work who says him and his wife always say "I don't care where you get your appetite, as long as you come home to eat." Anyways.... a quote my BF said to me after all this stuck with me, and it might help in this situation. He said "I knew I loved you and was only infatuated with him because it broke my heart not to be with you, but it didn't break my heart not being with him."

11. Titan King

Titan King New Member

I never wrote the quote.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

:hsugh: Then who wrote it?

13. Titan King

Titan King New Member

I was googling Unrequited Love...just google the first sentence of the quote..you'll find the source straightaway.

14. Punky72

Punky72 New Member

I couldn't agree more!!! You can't just fall in love with someone until you REALLY get to know them. I feel the love isn't finding someone you are physically attracted to and can live with....love is knowing that this person makes you whole and you cant live without them.

Only after the "honeymoon phase" is over can you truly be sure that you are "in love" with someone.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Let's keep it in the I perspective.

"You" may not be able to fall in love with someone until you REALLY get to know them. Or maybe you can. I don't know you.

Saying "no you didn't fall in love, that's infatuation, not love!" is childish. That may be true for you, or may not.

Trying to make up global rules is a misguided attempt to generalize from personal experience. Plus a dash of cliché "knowledge" about romance.

As for me, I fell in love with someone in about three weeks.

Who knows

16. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:h5:

17. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

If you have to ask....it ain't love. But I like to keep things simple. :)

18. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

I was worried that my feelings in my current relationship were infatuation instead of love after a couple weeks of dating....we've now been together for two years, and going strong.

Sometimes...it just happens that quickly.