SRS Love & Imperfections. Ranting.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jovian, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Jovian

Jovian New Member

It's ridiculous how some people expect each other to be perfect. As if we're all just a bunch of robots who aren't supposed to ever fuck up on anything. People would be much better off if they recognized that nobody's perfect. We're all just a bunch of lonely, confused people trying to find our way in this mess of a world anyhow, Right?

There's a beauty in our imperfections because they are what define us as humans. We make mistakes. It's what we do best. The problem is where people keep tally on each other as if they're the Judge of all that is righteous. Is that what we really need? More deluded righteous people who think they never do anything wrong? Who feel like their view of perfection should be applied to everyone else?

I think that the true sign of love is the ability to love someone for their imperfections; the ability to see how fucked up someone is and think "I recognize that, but I still want this person to be a part of my life. There are aspects of their personalities that I don't agree with, but there are other components that I find absolutely beautiful." If you can handle the imperfections, then its worth it to hang around for the good parts, right?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The world is a negative place , and this influences to make us think even more negative, but what is needed to improve the situation is actually positivity. Our society demands us to be perfect, your school wants perfect results, your boss wants perfectly delivered work, men want beautifull woman, your dentist wants you to have beautifull teeth.

NO one wants negativity, because it equals misery , the unwanted. But it backfires, what we demand on others, others will start demanding on us.

Its therefore important to love people 'unconditionally', and to give eachother 'breathing space' for indeed simple human error.

I always say its like a dog, if you keep the leash to tight the dog will suffocate, if you keep it too loose the dog will run away, keep it in the middle and its just right.

Its the problem of being modern, you don't 'need anyone' anymore, in the old days you needed your family to survive, now you can order all your necessity's on-line. If your family isn't there so what?

I think we should go against this trend, and organise a foundation that brings people back together again.