SRS Love at first site? Yes/no. Noob here, sorry.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by darruss, Jan 4, 2009.

1. darruss

darruss New Member

So, generally, people who have experienced love at first site believe in it. Those who haven't just don't understand. I have. I was 18, so was he. We hung out for about a month. He was going through everything a person shouldn't have to go through, especially at eighteen. I got pregnant. Now, we are 35 and have a wonderful 16 year old daughter. We have been seeing each other for the past five years on and off. We took a year off and got back together around seven months ago. I know this sounds stoopid, but I really think things are different this time around. He says he's bipolar, not so sure cuz I never see the manic side.

The question. Do you think it's possible to see someone for the first time and know they are the 80% for you (80% references, um, one of those Tyler Perry type movies I think it was Why Did I Get Married, never watched, love the concept.) Most of us can eliminate them as potentials at site for one reason or another. Has anyone just looked at someone and knew they would ultimately get along?

2. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

I'm marrying him. :h5:

Inseparable from day 1, still there 2 years later.

3. darruss

darruss New Member

THAT'S what I'm talking about.

4. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Personally.. I think it's kind of shallow. You are really just feeling lust when you look at someone and feel attracted to them. You know nothing about this person except their physical appearence. How do you know they are trustworthy? A good match for you, with similar interests? You can't really know someone just from a glance.

In other words, no, I don't believe in love at first sight. Looks are just one half of the package, what about personality?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You don't love someone until you know them.
    You don't know someone from first sight.

What's stupid is a 35 year old spelling stupid "stoopid."

6. RachTyrTaiya

RachTyrTaiya New Member

I don't believe in love at first sight (especially at 18), but I do believe in lust at first sight : /

7. no lol today

It's only true when it happens.

It's not real when it doesn't.

Duh, people.

8. RachTyrTaiya

RachTyrTaiya New Member

huh?

lol

9. darruss

darruss New Member

mm, just feel like a decent word for plum not right stupid
    Did I use college professor english this time? How was the punctuation?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  10. darruss

darruss New Member

maybe, but I've been much more attracted to other people. It wasn't looks alone. Saw this person and thought "oh shit." Kind of an instant recognition. And not "oh shit" in a good way. More like "oh shit this person will have the ability to hurt me." Never thought love at first sight was such a great thing actually. It's scary.

11. no lol today

I could tell mine was a treasure from the point when we were introduced. There was some mysterious something about him that I just had to know more about.

Didn't see him as just some piece of meat. There was an immediate connection that had little to do with lust. The first night I met him all we said to one another was hello. Fortunately, my friend recognized what was up, took his phone & programmed my # in. He was too bashful to ask, & I wasn't forward enough to offer.

The next day he texted me the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me. It was cheezy, but the fact that he put it into words was what really counted. Turned out we each were able to give the other exactly the kind of love & support we each needed most. :)

It's chance that makes it happen. You can have simple feelings upon meeting someone, but only rarely does it later turn out to be something more. Then you can call it love at first sight. You can't call it that right off the bat, because it's likely not to be true. Only time can make it true love at first sight.

12. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I remember seeing my husband and something went ding in my head. I looked at him and thought "There is something about him". It wasn't love at first site, but it was definitely something more than the normal "Oh he's alright". It was definitely something special and something that made me chase him down and make it work
    Been together nearly 7 and a half years!

13. prototism

prototism Guest

I may be in on this now, but others may disagree.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:mamoru:

15. RachTyrTaiya

RachTyrTaiya New Member

Have any males posted in here?

16. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Bi-polar doesn't necessarily mean the person has hypermanic episodes that are noticeable. A diagnosis of Bi-polar II can come with episodes in which the individual is considered hypomanic (meaning low mania) and is easily confused by the lay person as hyper-functional, or seemingly getting things done at an amplified pace, is upbeat, positive, but not necessarily "abnormal."

It's easy to assume the Bipolar patient just had a coffee or caffinated beverage and now they're productive. Lay people wouldn't call them irrational or acting unusual, when the reality is they're experiencing a mood change that is abnormal for "them."

Major depressive behavior is more common with "hypomania" periods, under the Bipolar II diagnosis.

17. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Additional note: You probably should read up on whatever condition he has so as not to assume you already know the facts. It might help you to understand his situation, thus making it more tolerable to some degree.

18. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I believe in Lust at first site, which can be mistaken for love at first site, which can develop into love.

19. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

absolutely Sarah Palin knew Todd for less than 6 months when they headed down to the courthouse and the day she was announced as McCain's running mate was thier 20th anniversary so def. anythings possible

20. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Infatuation at 1st sight.

21. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i don't agree with the love at first site...it's either luse or like jmezz said, infatuation or lust. you have to truly know a person to love them.
    you may have that feeling of "oh he's the one for me" or you may feel something at first, but it's not love

22. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

OK, to put this logically.

Agree with beer, you can't truly LOVE someone until you know them...and that takes time.

It would be a fucking awesome thing if we could truly know a person on sight alone...but since we can't, true "love at first sight" can't exist.

Just like everything else...people remember the events that support irrational claims, and forget all the events that do not support them.

You can't know a person on sight/looks alone.

Hell, you can't even know a person on "first time spent together" alone, but you can know enough (ie this person is unattractive/undesirable to me for whatever reason).

23. no lol today

So you all agree with me that it's only proven true if it lasts over time.

lulz.

24. ASoT

ASoT New Member

Christ I hate sayings like "true love" and "love at first sight." What a load of shit that is.

25. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

no. how do you get that from our posts :ugh:

you can say in retrospect it is. but when you first meet someone you don't say "i love him/her"

ain't no way