love at first sight?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ImDrunkAgain, Feb 17, 2005.

1. ImDrunkAgain

ImDrunkAgain Resident Mental Health Counselor

I am wondering if anyone else here believe in love at first sight... I know many of you will say that there is no such thing, but I believe in it. I thought I felt that way about my ex, but it just turned out to be infatuation, but now with my current gf, the "love" feeling just wont go away. We met about a month ago, dated a week after we met, had sex within the first 2 weeks of dating and I felt that I loved her before we ended up doing it. I had very strong feelings for her from the start. I used to go to class every day thinking that I was gonna get a chick's number, or hook up with them (which had happened most the time), but after I met my gf, I dont even look at the chicks the same anymore. Its funny, I can talk to them all fine now, when before I would be kind of nervous, but now that Im not thinking about impressing them, I can talk easily.
    Anyways, I feel that I love her already, but haven't said it because I dont want her to think Im weird or anything, but she has expressed the same feelings towards me. When Im not around her, it feels as if there is something missing, like an empty feeling in my stomach. I like her A LOT!! and Im pretty sure what Im feeling is love, but dont wanna rush anything.
    Is it ok to feel this way about someone you haven't known for that long? About how long do you think I should wait to tell her how I feel, even though she's already pretty much told me she feels the same way?
    Thanks all:wiggle:

2. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Love at first sight, in the context you mean doesnt exist; thats Lust at first sight.

3. Fearan

Fearan Guest

:werd:

When you grow up you'll see the difference of love vs lust. What you're describing is lust. Only when you know you can spend years upon years with a single woman and be as happy as you can be... then you'll know what love truely is.

4. ImDrunkAgain

i do feel that way.. as I said before, I felt lust for my ex, whom I was with for 2 years, and I have a better feeling when Im with my current gf. I have felt lust before, and this is nothing like it... it isnt lust this time, and if you dont think its love, then what is it?

5. ImDrunkAgain

btw Im 20, most mature out of all my friends, Sophomore in an accredited B-school (Top Ten behind Harvard, etc.) I am probably more mature than most 30 year olds with kids and wives.

6. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

emotions, and "feelings" do not equal love, they equal lust. Love is something completely different.

7. Jajibaji

Jajibaji Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

After only a month, its too early to call it. Guys always get excited about a chick in the first couple of months of dating, but many will lose interest later. Good luck dude.

8. ImDrunkAgain

okay, thanks for all your opinions. I figured I knew what it was since one of my majors is Psychology and I have learned a lot about this sort of thing. Oh well, something learned every day.

9. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

No offense but that's the most arrogant thing I've ever heard. If you were really mature you wouldn't say that.

10. ImDrunkAgain

guaranteed that it isnt, now if you dont want to contribute to the thread, dont post

11. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

You may think you're mature but it doesn't sound like you're very wise. Having to ask a question about "love at first sight" tends to prove this, as does your above comment.

12. I agree fully!
    I use to believe in love at first sight!
    But in time and after much consideration it is in lust at first sight,
    I mean come on ;
    you know nothing about this person;
    you don't even know if they are compatiable with you;
    how could it possibly be "love"?

13. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

I'd say it was a damn good contribution.

I've got friends like you. You're not as mature as you think.

14. ImDrunkAgain

well, thanks to everyone for you help. I was stupid to think I was in love already, and now I know that for now it is just lust.
    sorry Islander for blowing up at you, im just in a really pissy mood today because I had 3 tests to take and all of them were in 300 level classes.
    You guys may not think that I am as mature as I think I am, but trust me, i am pretty damn mature for my age... you mature pretty damn fast when a lot of shit hits you around the same time and you deal with a bunch of shit in your life at an early age.

anyways, thanks everyone and sorry for being an asshole

15. sexhaver420

sexhaver420 Buying stuff I don't need, with money I don't have OT Supporter

mixed/strong/uneasy emotions can cause someone to ask a quesiton like that.

16. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

i tell my gf all the time that i love her (though weve only been going out for 5 months) but i believe that love was something that only grew with time. only after being with someone for like 10-15 years, that lvoe is really love. idk thats what i think.

17. weakone

weakone New Member

Yeah. I first thought that when I saw my boyfriend, I experienced love at first sight. But the first thought that ran through my head when I saw him, was that I wanted him to be mine. :dunno:

18. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Yep, and thats not love; its lust. Love is giving no taking, wanting him to be "yours" is not giving its taking. It's lust.

People are attracted physically with love at first sight... thats not love.
    You ever see a story of love at first sight with someone ugly? no, exactly; because its not LOVE... However through time you can develop to love someone who's unnatractive should their personality be right.

Love at first sight = LUST,

its nothing more than a fantasy that capitalism pushes on teeny bopper girls with romance novels and lame movies...

19. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Mixed, strong and uneasy emotions having control over one self = lack of wisdom,, not that i'm saying I don't suffer from it either.

20. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

It can also be infatuation at first sight, because I dont think I believe in it either. But you can be infatuated and be blinded into thinking that it is love at first sight.