loud noise coming from spekers when I change the channel on my tv

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 2000GT, Jan 14, 2005.

1. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

I have a PRMIA LCD tv, Harmon KArdon Reciever and a set of Mordaunt Short Towers (908s) in my system. Since I connected the reciever to the tv - when I change channels the Tower speakers "burst" after I flip channels. I had this issue with my subs in my car when I connected a new reciever. I had to put some sort of porcelain piece in between the connection to stop the bust of sound.

Any ideas?

2. WS6Formula350

WS6Formula350 molestache amririte?

I have the same deal with my small setup in my room, I'd be interested too. Although the way I have to connect to the receiver, I use the headphone jack on the front of the TV with a miniport to RCA plug into the reciever :o

3. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Hmm... a wild guess would be a ground loop problem. Try plugging your receiver into an outlet connected to a different breaker than your TV and cable box. If the problem goes away then that is the problem. You can then buy a ground loop isolator I guess. But, usually ground loop problems are associated with hum. You also could check if there are multiple sets of audio outputs. Like, try connecting to optical out instead of your RCA connections.

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i get a loud boom when i flip a fan on thats hooked up to same spot as my TV. i get this low kinda thud.