Lots of Pics from my ATV Trip to WV

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ffxhub, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

2 weeks ago 7 of us headed out to Bumbfuck WV, Gilber WV to be exact. 400 miles of driving and we arrived at the Hatfield McCoy ATV Trail system in WV. Just some pics from our trip.......

Here's me stuck in the mud......came around the turn in 2 wheel drive, thought the hole was not as deep and couldn't get it into 4 wheel drive before it was too late.......

[​IMG]

The ghetto ass house we stayed in.....

[​IMG]

My buddy wrecked his bike on the first morning. Rolled 5 times down the trail then a few times down the mountain. Pic of us pulling him out, he was a bit hurt and had to watch from the side. Thank god for the tree stopping its fall or we would have never gotten it out...........

[​IMG]

A pic up the hill from the wreck, two winches to get him out......

[​IMG]

Big fucking hill, if you look close you can see a guy about 2/3rds of the way up. We couldn't even see him when he reached the top.

[​IMG]

A broken tie rod, couple flat tires, and one wrecked bike, all in all not to bad for doing over 100 miles a day in some pretty crazy riding......

Ghetto tie rod repair........

[​IMG]

Additional pictures from the rest of the trip here......

2. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

nice...it must of been hot as fuck. So how did you get out of that mosquito infested water you were in?

3. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Wasn't too hot, lucked out on with that.......

As for getting out all I needed was a bit of a pull from another bike and I came right out. Those 700cc bikes are pretty powerful/amazing.....

4. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Damn that first pic

5. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

This one was harder to get through but we knew it and had the 4 wheel drive turned on going into the hole. I would have made it out of the first hole on my own had I put it into 4x4 before entering the hole.

[​IMG]

6. V!

V! New Member

I'd love to hit up some trails like that, looks like so much fun

7. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Yeah we were there for 5 days and did about 90-100 miles a day on the ATVs. The place is so far out in the boondocks you can ride your ATVs on the road. That second picture where you see the house and road is a 55 mph road that you can ride your ATVs down - Just have to watch out for the coal trucks and hicks....