GUN Lots of anti gun opinion pieces in the local paper lately...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PC Principle, Apr 15, 2009.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC PPC 6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Alltel HTC PPC6800)

It seemss like there is some ignorant opinionist spewing their ignorant shit about guns everyday in the paper. The one yesterday said that an assault rifle is capable of "shooting hundreds of bullets in seconds". :rofl:

The one today said that gun violence was out of hand and that something needs to be done but goes on to bash people that believe qualified students and staff should be able to carry in colleges. :wtf:

Id write them but it would not make a difference. :mad:

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

what a friend of mine told me:

3. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC PPC 6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Alltel HTC PPC6800)

I agree. Responsible gun owners need to be heard. I know a lot of you out there do not like people to know you own guns but maybe it would help our image more if we were more outspoken. Ill elaborate more later.

4. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

Been similar around here. the Modesto Bee had a whole shitload of anti-rights letters last week, and a couple editorials. The one pro-rights letter they had, as printed, sounded pretty lame and foolish by comparison--I wonder if it was edited at all.

Fortunately, the Merced Sun-Star (which I, despite the following, occasionally refer to as the Merced Cum-Rag due to its sterling examples of journalistic excellence) has run a good few decent letters that were pro-2A, and I didn't see many antis printed.

5. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Yup.

And I see countless overly-paranoid backwoods-y types eager to play the patsy every time they open their stupid fucking mouths honed by listening to too much talk radio. They are simply incapable of sounding reasonable to the general public. They're excitable, bristling, self-righteous, and instantly get angry should someone question one of their monologues on self-determination, and exterminating the blue-helmets.

The anti- crowd plays far better to the general public with an escalating series of reasonable-sounding (but unsound) arguments than the angry demagoguery of talk radio.

6. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

This is part of the reason why newspapers can barely stay in business. No one wants to pay money for that shit.

If I want read some idiot talk out their ass, I can read it on the internet for free.