SRS Lost

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Lovely, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Lovely

Lovely New Member

I need some help/info/advice...

My sister is a huge pot head.. her and her husband.. well when their son was born he had rsv.he spent 5 days in the hospital... a really bad lung infection.. he is now 22 months old and has continously been sick with respiratory issues..He is contstantly wheezing and on a nebulizer (sp)... she and her husband smoke pot in their house when he is there.. mostly when hes sleeping but will smoke in their living room... Is there any way her smoking can make him sick? Im really worried about his health and im lost on what to do.. she refuses to even talk about the issue

thanks in advance!!

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I'm not a scientist, or a doctor, but here's my opinion on the issue. I believe smoking pot while pregnant can cause some damage. However, cigarettes and alcohol cause far more damage to an unborn child (was she doing either of these things while pregnant?) As far as second-hand pot-smoke is concerned, I don't believe the baby or anyone is any serious jeapordy from second-hand pot smoke.

You aren't the child's parent or guardian, there's really nothing you can do. Maybe your sister is an addict, and maybe not, but she's the only one that can decide to quit or not. All you can do is tell her how you feel and leave the rest up to God.

3. Lovely

Lovely New Member

I guess its the fact she comes over to find out if i can hook up... she tells her sons doctor that they dont smoke.. so they run all these tests.. recently they thought it was cystoic fibrosis... She tries to buy codiene pops xanax like no other and leaves me with her kid when she cant take it... I dont know what to do! I work at a federal facility and talked to some scientists they said it has carconigens and other stuff that could affect a kid that has a weakened immune system... I guess its none of my buisness.. but i think she self medicates because of problems in her destructive marriage

4. rookie

rookie New Member

The only person that can help your sister and her husband is a professional therapist. They are clearly showing signs of self-destructive behavior and they are harming their child. Smoke (pot, cigar, cigarette, etc) is bad. Lungs are not made to inhale it. Especially if they are developing.

The fact that your sister lies to the doc to cover HER ass is completely deplorable. Why would someone be more concerned about theirselves than their child? Selfishness. This is someone that was NOT ready for this child.

I don't see a happy outcome unfortunately. If I was in those shoes (and I would hate to be,) I would seriously have to think about calling in Child Services (which would be a VERY big deal.) Of course, I only know the details you have given.

Hope this helps.

5. Lovely

Lovely New Member

my sister in the mindset its not her fault and pot isnt bad and has no ill affects.. sort of the hippy type...; what she does on her time is her buisness but my nephew is what i trully care about.. walk out to your porch if YOU HAVE TO DO IT... i have thought about CPS coming in but to do that to someone is terrible and scary... They see nothing wrong with their behavior and have no problem being stoned while they take care of him.. I guess im worried his health will just get worse over time.. especially from this... she has tons of issues but this just isnt fair to my nephew

6. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

sorry for coming off like an ass, but anybody who thinks 2nd hand smoke, regardless of what its from, won't be harmful to a child with a still developing immune system, is a fucking retard.

if the child is around it enough, it will effect the child, same room or not.
    and yes, if they don't cut it out, that kid is going to have some major respitory problems in the future.

makes me sad people can't properly care for their children.
    lying to their doctor who could easilly test them for drugs isn't too bright either

and as for her popping pills when she can't take it, she needs help, plain and simple
    if she results to drug usage when she can't handle something, then there is a problem.

7. scifimom

scifimom Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fear and l

Your sister needs help, and a major wake up call before disaster strikes. She can't take care of her son, especially on drugs. She's justifying her drug use and denying drugs' harmful effects. Your nephew is sick, lingering second hand smoke is harming him. If she can't take care of her child, someone else needs to, even if that means CPS or another relative taking custody-temporarily or permanently.You are in a hard spot to be in, but your nephew is in a worse and more dangerous situation. Good luck.:hug:

8. gnat

gnat New Member

Lets not forget some children have these issues normally.. I was always a sickly child, with asthma, a nebulizer, hospital trips, allergies, etc... I was sick ALOT. My parents NEVER smoked.

Not trying to say that it doesn't hurt the child though, my son is the same way I was and I don't put him in those situations. No smoke in my house either.