SRS Lost the one

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deznutz, Oct 29, 2006.

1. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Ok, here is the story.

Hung out with this girl for almost a whole school year. We went out to eat numerous times, went to concerts together, basically hung out together every night.
    We did have our ups and downs but for the most part we were happy together...

We were never "official" bf/gf. She is a virgin/prude and is 23, me being 20, i was afraid to make a "move"... i didnt want to force anything on her.

Thinking back on it now, i should have because I KNOW she was flirting/hinting to me to make that move.

Well time went on, She graduated college, and now is pretty much out of the state working. she came back to visit me in school for like 30 minutes...gave her a hug :sadwavey:

She is coming back for Thanksgiving for 2 weeks and i most likely going to hang out with her again.

Do you think i should tell her how i feel? Its been almost 1 year and i am still hooked on this girl...ive tried to move on with other girls, but i just cant get her off my mind. I dont want to scare her or anything.

Any suggestions i can do to "get" her back?
    It could be too late...but i just want to make sure...:sadwavey:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

hmmm....

honest reactions...you probably came off as just wanting to be friends. She probably gave up on flirting with you and such because you didnt show any response.

If she's working out of state, and not going to be near you often, do not tell her how you feel. Unless she feels the same way, and is willing to move back closer to you, it will not work out. It would also make things incredibly awkward.

The reason you can't move on is because you don't want to for some reason.

I really doubt you ever "had" her. You probably just had a friend. She has moved on, I can almost guarantee it.

Work more on getting over her romantically...this is hard to do, but you're the one keeping yourself from getting over her. I don't know what you are thinking/hoping would happen. but it probably isn't realistic or feasible.

Sorry.

3. Megab

Megab OT's CPhT

go for it. what doesnt kill you only makes u stronger. she could be hiding the same feelings, and if u dont tell her, you'll regret it forever. better to get things out in the open, imo

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If its not to late i would still make your move, it might end up like a drama, but at least you can say to yourself 'i tried' if you never shoot you always miss right? Learning that you need to grab oppertunities with both hands in your life is yet another usefull life lesson.

5. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

What do you have to lose? A friend you occasionally see for 30 mins. who lives in another state? You owe to yourself 10 years from now, so that in 10 years you won't be looking back and saying what you are already saying.

You are also putting her on a pedestal and you will be comparing every future possibility unfairly to her. You've never "had" her, but you admit she is "the one", that will haunt you.