Lost some weight, hitting a wall

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Barky, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barky

Barky woof

hey all,

I've been working out consistently for over a year now. In that time I've gone from 240 to 195 - 200 (fluctuates with water I suppose). I'm having a hard time losing more weight after this. I want to go down maybe 10 pounds or so, putting me at a 185 - 190 weight. The pounds came off slowly and steadily when I was working out before, now it just seems to stay there. My workout is 30 minutes of cardio (running on a treadmill or eliptical machine) supplemented by bench, bicep, tricep, and some upper back lifting. I do this routine 3 times a week. I also do bicycle crunches for the abs (not that often, for some reason the pain is miserable).

I eat realtively well: have a bowl of cereal in the morning, a self made lunch at work of a turkey sandwitch (whole grain, double fiber bread), baked chips (baked lays, etc), an apple and a diet soda. At dinner I might eat a little more, maybe a bowl of pasta or a chicken burrito from Moe's. I'll have the occasional hamburger or steak over the weekend but no fries. Sometimes I'll get a cup of yogurt from TCBY.

anyway, any suggestions to help get those last few pounds off?

2. phatmike

phatmike Thread Killer

Wow, that sounds remarkably like what I did. I think the biggest thing is the mental barrier. After being above 200 for so long, once you get there, it is easier to justify maybe questionable choices (both nutritionally and workout wise).

I would read the stickies here, and maybe look through some of the other traiing logs, etc.

Based on what you posted, your nutrition is garbage (you need more food/protein). Yes you are making better choices than most average people, but it still isn't great.

Your workout routine is again, garbage. There is no leg work, and I would really thing about doing your lifting first, rather than your cardio.

Cliffs: Read the stickies

3. keeler

keeler New Member

use no quarters routine from now on for lifting, also consider using his diet or one similar. The weight you lost from 240-200 was easy, just eat less fatty foods, the weight lost from 200 on will be a different ball game. Main things being a move to less cardio and more focus on lifting, and also holding a scrutinizing eye to your diet. whatever you do, just don't put back on the 40 lbs and your good ^_^

4. kelali

kelali OT Supporter

Do deadlifts and squats and don't be a pussy.

5. 7G

7G God

up your cardio... get outside, fuck treadmills...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.