SRS Lost another friend.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Apr 14, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I lost another friend over a fight. Did not know him for to long and we did not really click all that great so I dont know why I am all stressed about it. Its just when ever something happens its never very quiet like.

This is what happen. He called me up to go to the mall and at first I said no, I dont feel like going to the fucking mall because last time we went we were there for 4 hours, no joke. After him being like come on we can do something after I said ok, I will be over shorty. After this I just fucking remember last night I promised my mom I would be back at 6:30. So I roll up and I am like I only can stay at the mall for 20 minutes, he says ok I know what I want anyways.

We get to the mall and its 6:00 So that leaves 20 minutes. I find out he is getting a pair of shoes and said he knew exactly what he wanted. He walks into this store then precedes to try on a pair of shoes. So I am like ok so you going to get those and he just says "Chill" call your girl. He tries on another pair, then walks around a bit then talks to the sales person and looks at some shirts, then pants, then socks. I am getting pissed at this point. 6:25 rolls around and he then heads over to check out. He has everything ringed up then he does not have enough money, so they had to go threw the process of taking everything off by going threw the return process and this requires them to take down name, number at a slow pace. 6:30 rolls around and this is the time I am suppose to be home, I am pissed but am like ok, you got it lets go. He fucking walks into another store, then looks at some more shoes. He is about to buy them but ends up being 4 bucks short and asks me for money, I dont have any then he asks me to take 20.00 out of the atm so he can borrow it. I know he would pay me back but its the fact that I had to be home 10 minutes ago. So I am like fuck no, lets go. He gets pissed off and starts to walk to the ATM like I am going to do it but I am quite serious on the matter of not doing it. At this point he says the word fight or something and I say "Fight me, what? and push him" Then he says if you hit me you will get arrested blah blah blah. I said "You are the one starting this you are going to hit me and get your ass handed to you" (I am 6'2) vs 5 something. So at this point is you are being a bitch let me get my shit out of your car and starts to follow me and then when we get them I am like "Are you going to walk or ride me with me" He
    grabs his cd calls me a bitch and bangs on my car again and walks off.

WTF I am tired of taking shit from people. Did I go to far or do the right thing. I cant tell its like everytime I stand up for my self It starts shit and makes things worse then just taking it. I lose "friends" all the time because they dont respect my time, gas and money. Really did I do the right thing? I tried to just leave but he kept following me being like wtf you arnt going to leave your boy.

2. Gnax

Gnax Guest

You did the right thing in leaving him there. You told him your boundaries. He choose to ignore them. He's a crappy friend, the kind that uses people, and not worth missing.

But this:

isn't good. Next time, know he is in the wrong, and just walk off. You're in control here, and he was imposing on you. Even better, next time he asks you to chaffeur him, just say no and hang up.

This guy is a piece of shit friend. He is using you: money, rides, time, attention. You anger come from him using you, and how it impacts your other, more important, obligations. Use that anger to get strong, and ditch this total loser.

If you can't get it back, consider that 20$ well-spent as a lesson in not letting people walk on you. (in a calm and controlled way).

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well I didn't lose the money. I refused to let him borrow it. Its just like I am losing everyone. My friends, my girlfriend. My fucking girl friend said something when I told her about this. She was like "I hope I dont lose another friend either" I was like "What?" Then she said she had to go.

4. Gnax

Gnax Guest

O, sorry, I read that part wrong.

I don't know. I've been in party groups that I pretty much had to dump entirely. It sounds to me like you're changing your priorities and bettering your life, getting power back. People in your current circles aren't going to want you to change - they are going to want you to stay the same guy - giving them rides and money and power.

Worst case scenario: you lose a group of friends who have you in some kind of powerless, used, position. Is that really so bad? There a millions of people out there to be friends with, and losing bad groups of friends is one of the rites of adulthood.

Your girlfriend should have stood by you, too. Jeebus, where do you meet these people?

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

She just said "So what do you want me to do?" Didnt even talk about it just said geez guys.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yes I hang with the party groups. They would ride with me then when I wanted to go home refuse to leave and get bitchy because I wont stay. The one time they dumped me when the cops showed up. I had my own car but got trapped by the cops.

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:bigthumb: good for you... i, too, have learned a hard way about being too nice to people. there are some people that just don't care about anyone but themselves. :sad2: i give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but if the relationship (time i've known them) had been short, i generally don't allow them to make many big mistakes.

:dunno: some people don't agree with my philosophy, but if there's one thing i REFUSE to let happen to me is to be used. :nono:

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I know this may be fucked up but it seems that everyone that does not have a car and a job I can deem as a fucking loser who is going to use me.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I just dont get it. I did make the mistake of forgeting I had something to do after school but when I got there I was nice and gave some of my time anyways for the mistake even if it ment me being 10 min late. So I give some of my time and he wont fucking leave the damn mall. He just called up and told me how fucked up what I did was.

10. chica&buddies

ya.. ;) that'll happen...

when i was in high school, 2 of my good friends and i were supposed to be going to an all day concert outside. it was about ~30 minutes or so from our house. well, i was was the one that was going to be driving, and i tried my best to get the day off work but to no avail. it was a weekend, and i was stuck working the morning shift. (retail... go figure). i was lucky that my boss actually switched my shift from a mid to a morning tho.

anyways... my friends were pissed that they missed their favorite bands. :rolleyes: the concert started at noon and lasted for about 12 hours. we got there at a decent time... ~around 3 or 4.

:mad: they had the nerve to tell ME that they were pissed they didn't get there on time. i told them, "ya know what guys... you're lucky i work at all. i mean, how would i be able to afford the gas needed to cart you two around all the time?" ungrateful sob's i tell ya. :rant2:

11. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well I am not going to be friends with people without cars anymore.

12. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

:hsdrama:

13. chica&buddies

:rofl: very true... aahhh.. memories :ugh: i never wanna relive again.

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

15. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I hated high school... i don't say that as an insult (the hsdrama comment) but that's the truth.

The reality is that in a few years, you'll see who your true friends are as they're no longer so superficial. Some of the people who picked on me in HS are now friends with me as they and I matured. I see them at bars and we clank beers and shit. :wiggle:

16. Gnax

Gnax Guest

I don't know - I think there are users in all eras of life. Especially in the party/club/frat circuits, the general caliber of people is (in my experience) very, very, low.

17. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I hated HS so much I dropped out. That was dumb, but the drama was killing me. I hated life sooooo fucking much.

18. BradUF

BradUF Guest

This dude didnt even go to high school. He dropped out Jr. Year.