Lost all of my music

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by guchiew, Jul 30, 2004.

1. guchiew

guchiew Increase your killing power.

I am very bad with computers, so let me first let you guys know that. I have Windows XP and I made a new user account. My old account was named "Administrator" and I named my new one "Richard". After making the Richard account, my Administrator account dissapeared and made the Richard account the administrative account. The problem is that my winamp files as well as many programs needed to play and "legally" download songs are either missing or don't work. Please help me.

2. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

Do you login via the Welcome Screen, where you click on your account and type in the password? If you do, press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the welcome screen and you'll get the traditional windows login window, and you should be able to log in as administrator.

3. guchiew

Thank you sir. :coold:

4. guchiew

Well, I was able to log on, but my music still won't play. Should I reinstall winamp then try it again?

5. guchiew

Bump for desperation please.

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

kind of a hard one to trouble shoot without being there and jsut experimenting.

i'd try logging in as administrator and making sure permissions for the music folder and all child folders are set to allow Full Control to your other account.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  7. carlin

carlin Guest

what do u mean "my music still won't play"...???

did u try another media player...

8. MovieMan84

MovieMan84 Here we go

Reinstalling winamp should get winamp to work.

Instead of bullshitting and referring to your stuff as "legal" music, why don't you tell us if it's actually legal or not. If it is, then I assume you'll have to deal with licenses and that crap, if it isn't then you're golden.

If the problem is with My Documents, you could give yourself read/write/execute permission over the folders in question. Right click a folder, click properties, click the security tab, click the "Add" button, type "Everyone" (without the quotes) in the "Enter the object names to select" dialog, click OK, then select "Full Control" and press ok again. If you've got permissions problems then that method should fix them.