lost all motivation

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mandingo12, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandingo12

Mandingo12 Guest

i used to be serious about working out,i never missed a workout or meal for 3 years,i could have never imagined being where im at now. ive been out of the gym for a year and a half,drinking etc. and i feel like shit. going back to my old routine after this long slacking seems impossible to me,i cant 'ease' back into things,because for me its all or nothing..ii assume some of you have been in a similar position, what got you back into the zone? im guessing its just as simple as manning up and stop being so lazy,but its hard. any advice is appreciated...btw, could 1.5-2k set me up with the basics for a home gym? like a squat rack olympic bar,plates+some dumbels. like the bowflex ones and others for over 50 lbs. thanks.

2. giz

giz Active Member

just show up to the gym tomorrow. then the next day. give it 2 weeks and you'll be back in the groove of things.

set up a routine, write a grocery list and go shopping. just be active about this and if you really want this you will psyche yourself up for it.

3. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

Yeah a couple of years ago I used to be at the gym everyday doing cardio for at least an hour (didn't get into weights yet back then). I was really into it, super motivated and didn't care if I had a test the next day, I would still make time for the gym.
    Then, a few things happened and I got busy. I stopped going for a few weeks, and that killed all motivation. It was super hard going back...

But I finally got things together, and the things that got me into it again were 1) work out buddies 2) F&N & my log.

And now I'm not just doing an hour of cardio, I have an organized routine. It motivates me to know exactly what I need to do at the gym, and approximately how long its gonna take me.

I take it machine by machine, do my sets and before I know it I'm done.
    The biggest step is just pushing yourself to go a few times, and then soon enough it becomes a habit. And once you start seeing results, it just drives you more.

Hope that helps.

4. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

its something you want to acheive, go in every week excited to be able to do that 1 more pullup, or add one or 2 reps to your bench, don't make it a chore...

It has to be something you really want

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

quit your bitching and do work son.

6. Mojo

Mojo New Member

when i first started lifting at 17, i had no motivation. i gave up for a year and went back at it after learning new things off the internet and local lifters. since then, its like a habit for me and i enjoy every workout because i know im only getting stronger and bigger. i think at this point (im 22), im addicted to (power)lifting. what makes it much more enjoyable is having training partners that put as much effort as you or more. training with sleezeballs piss me the fuck off.

no i dont want to do 45lb plate side bends, lets fucking deadlift dammit

7. The Grid

The Grid OT Supporter

you have no motivation to go b/c the results aren't worth the efforts/cost to you; it's very simple. You need to convince/brainwash yourself into loving going to the gym and view it as a necessity... you can do this MANY different ways. Hopefully you are smart enough to understand what I'm saying and actually do it. If not, have fun being an average person :)

8. lt1_kid

lt1_kid OT Supporter

Just my $.02 but give up the drinking first.

9. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Fucking kill yourself then you weakminded pussy

stop whining and bleeding from your vag and do something about it, jesus christ its not complicated

10. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

/yourself

11. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

12. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Grow some balls and get a gym membership.

13. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

:rofl:werd. harden the fuck up

14. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

Takes 20 days to pick up a habit apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.