SRS lost all motivation in college

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drifter87, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

In High School I played three varisty sports (captian of two), president of a Jr EMT group, Model United Nations (going to the confrence in NYC and debating), volunteered at an animal shelter, worked out 3-4 times a week, and ran 3+miles 3-4times a week. Everyone says I'm a very nice guy, willing to help anyone with anything, and normally in a upbeat mood.

Since I've got to college I have pretty much lost all my motivation. I eat healthy and I get plenty of sleep. All I have the motivation to due is go to class on time, get all the hw done, and study for tests.

My friends at college arn't really true friends. They will ridicule me for smallest things. Such as im lazy and will just put pants on over my shorts, I don't care if my hair is messy or combed, not eating every single bit of food on my plate. If I ask a question from "What show is this" to "How do I solve this problem" I get a long lecture about how retarded I am. If I talk about a girl I'm thinking about trying to get with, they will shoot me down and say I have zero chance.

If I sleep more then 8hrs they will call my cell phone, send me IMs, or knock on my door till I wake up. Last I checked growing men need a lot of sleep, everyone is different, and I just happen to need a lot of sleep to feel good and refreshed (I turn my cell off at night, log off aim, and listen to music when I sleep so they don't wake me up). If I play video games for more then 2hrs they will claim I play every possible second, I currently play 7-14hrs/week. They are playing an easy 30+hrs

I tried to explain a theory to them, and I get ragged on how stupid and unlogical it is. I prove it, they all shut up and don't have anything to say to prove me wrong, so instead they go on to make fun of something else about me.

My buddies (about 7-8, including me) from High School didn't make fun of me/anyone for anything, unless everyone found it funny. If I didn't finish my food, they would ask to have it, any questions I asked they would explain without making me feel stupid. If I slept more then 8hrs, they didn't give a shit, none of us where getting up unless we have to. We all played video games, no cared how much you played. Any theories/ideas you would propose they would actually have a discussion instead of trying to insult your intelligence (Some times they would help improve your theory/idea).

When it came to women, they would give you tips and pointers or just a talk to boost your moral to go talk to her. If you had an issue, they would help you out.

Right now in College I am looking for good friends which is actually proving to be a challenge. I'm Trying to get into a workout routine, find parties, get into activities and go out on a few dates, but I just lack the motivation. I went from having a ton of self confidence and motivation to none. I would ask my High School buddies for help, but If anyone over heard us on the phone, read my email, or walked in and read my AIM over my shoulder without me noticing... I would never hear the end of it.

Any help is grealty appreciated!

2. ~Drifter~

~Drifter~ New Member

as one of your highschool buddies id like to tell you this. we were blessed with our education/ oppertunities throughout middleschool and highschool. we had the support of not only each other but our entire class. we each fit into our class perfectly and we were all cherished for our individualism and our personalities. i can tell you as a fact that none of us will find the same kind of friendship that we have, it is a friendship based on acceptance and compassion, virtues that were ingrained in us from the beggining.

i was also very upset at the fact that i didnt really have any good friends and i even have one of our group here with me (+ eva). its really difficult without all of us to balance out the group. for example you guys all needed me to deal with jesse. we all needed jesse to deal with jared, etc etc. that kind of bond is not something that can be found in such a short amount of time. we had over 4 years to develope our relationships and the result is a group of friends that will always exist.

my advice to you is move. leave those that cannot see what it is that we saw and just move on. you cant be bothered with the assholes in life, there will always be those that get you down.

get yourslef in gear, go workout, that will make you more motivated on a purely biological level, if you need any help without, like a routine or anything dont go to FnN, they are kinda dicky. just ask me, ill help you out. next, somehow get away from the negativity. my guess is that these people see how you are, that you are not someone that gets confrontational because you are just to nice for it, and they take advantage of that.

making friends is never that hard but making good friends takes alot of weeding. you need to weed out those that are just to fucking stupid to realize what kind of person you are and go with the ones that can recognize it. maybe that college isnt the place for you maybe you need to move on to a completely different environment.

i hope everything works out for you, no doubt that we will soon be talking about this in person with everyone else.

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

With friends like yours who needs enemies?

Just ell hm to go blow a big fat cock. Really say that to them, I bet it feels good to do it, and you might get to feelin better without having shitty people like that trying to put you down all the fucking time.

4. ~Drifter~

~Drifter~ New Member

i can tell you all from personal experience that kuroshya is one of the nicest people youll ever meet and definetly not deserving of this treatment

5. Drifter87

~Drifter~ You stopped using my account? How am I suppose to get a high post count?!

Actually if you could set me up a work out routine that takes 1-2hrs to do that would be awesome. Go light on my legs because of my knee problems.

Last night was the final straw, I just said fuck them. So I guess I have no friends here, but atleast I'm happy now. I know guys are suppose to get over fights within a day, but I can't put up with them even when we arn't fighting now.

Your right the friendship we had at middle/high school was very unique. When I was force to drop ROTC due to my flat feet, and all my ROTC buddies stopped talking to me after 2-3 weeks. I changed major from CE to IT, now all my CE buddies just ignore me. You look at us, we all went to different colleges (accept for you and jared), but when we all come home for break, its like we never lost a second.

I'm sure will talk when we go home for winter break, if not sooner.

6. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

dude get some new friends.

7. Drifter87

Thats what I'm doing as of today... I just hope I run into a group of people that arn't assholes.