Lost a lot of folders

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by paintballah03, Mar 2, 2005.

1. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

Something happened with my computer earlier, and it said that there was something wrong with the user profile(I only have one profile on this computer)so it started in a temporary profile. After a restart, it booted into the profile fine and I didn't think anything of it. I just went to open my music folder, and out of the ~8 subfolders I had in my My Documents folder, only one is left. All of my music, videos, pictures, all of the are gone. I opened iTunes, and all of the music is still there and playable though, which means it's still the same path to the music.:wtf:

What can I do to get them back?

2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

right click on start, click explore, and look in the other profile's directory structure

3. paintballah03

I'm not sure exactly what you want me to do, but I right click start, click explore, then in the left pane it has the directories and subdirectories. If I click on My Documents, it's the same stuff as if I were to go to my documents normally, missing all of the folders.

4. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker 8=oOOo=D ~ ~ ~

did you boot into the temporary profile or the one you were always using? if you're using the temporary profile the 'my documents' folder is different for everyone based on who is logged into the comptuer. check c:\documents and settings\ and you should find the folder for the other profile in there.

5. paintballah03

When it said there was something wrong with the main profile I booted into the temporary profile, but right now I'm in the only profile on the computer, besides the temporary one.

6. paintballah03