SRS lost a childhood friend yesterday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by euro_R, Sep 7, 2009.

1. euro_R

euro_R OT Supporter

ive never lost somebody so close to me before..im 23 years old and ive known this guy since i was 3, i cant say we were BEST friends, but he was definitely one of them. he lives a couple houses up from me so we'd see each other almost daily. we had the same circle of friends, all of us would hang out, work out, hell we even worked at the same place for a while...

in 2002 he was diagnoses with a rare liver disease, i cant even pronounce the name right now, but he has been sick on and off from then till now..nothing VERY serious, he'd spend a couple days in the hospital..go back home and rest for a day or so and be 100% the day after..the liver complications caused problems with his intestines.

about 3 weeks ago things took to take a turn for the worst..he spent 2 weeks in and barely recovered but they decided to release him and give him some medication to take while he was at home resting..this was saturday the 29th of august.

he was at home, i went to visit him on wednesday and i nearly broke down when i saw him..he was short of breath and very weak..he couldn't lift up his blackberry :(..he could hardly talk :(, but he said he was feelin much better..

that same night he went to the bathroom and ended up passing out alot of blood in his urine and nearly fainted..:wtc:, he was rushed back to the hospital where they gave him blood and stabilized him for the night. he felt better on thursday but on thursday night into friday morning started to pass out blood all over again. by friday evening he passed out almost the same amount of blood that was given to him..they stabilized him again friday night and he went to sleep..

saturday morning at approximately 4AM, he stopped breathing..i got the call at 6AM..and i havnt been the same since..

ive yet to sleep, my world has been flipped upside down..my gf has been great in comforting me but right now...im fucking depressed. my friends and i spent some time with his family yesterday and they're torn up..

it hurts so bad, i miss him so much..we've shared so much memories, he's touched so much of our lives with his strength and courage..he was always smiling no matter what..

as sick as he was, i never thought we'd be burying him so soon..:wtc::wtc:

i dont know what to do..im so lost. us that were closest to him have been spending some time together..sharing laughs, good memories..but fuck i wish he was still here..:wtc: he was such a good guy..nobody could not like him. :hs:

RIP Brian

[​IMG]

2. euro_R

euro_R OT Supporter

please excuse this poorly written post..i had a hard time gathering my thoughts..and the tears were not helping

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:hug: Sorry to hear. I lost my best friend almost 4 years ago now and it's still hard to believe.

4. euro_R

euro_R OT Supporter

:hug: :wtc:

we had so much in common, everything reminds me of him :wtc:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I hear you :hs: I still think I see my friend all the time, which I heard always happened but thought it sounded cliche....unfortunately not, I do double takes constantly.

6. SHINOBIENDO

SHINOBIENDO OT Supporter

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Its really tough losing someone and I can't imagine someone who you have known since 3. Sometime ago I lost a group of very good friends all at once after a car accident. All at once they were all gone. Its not something I usually talk about to people around me but I guess this is an appropriate time. There are days I wished I could have just one around. Ever since then, I wasn't quite the same and haven't met close friends since even after college. Its tough to realize someone close to you is gone but they would want for you to move on and live that life you were destined to live.

best advice I was ever given was....Remember the good times

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

That sucks man. I have a friend with Gilbert's Syndrome, which basically means his liver leaks all over his insides, and it causes him no end of pain, and eventually it will probably kill him. Not looking forward to that day.

The best advice I can give is to remember that everyone dies sooner or later, and it's better to be glad you knew them as long as you did than to wish you'd known them longer.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

My sincere condoleances on behalf off your friend that has passed away,

My advice is to just let all the tears out and allow yourself to grieve. What will happen following is that the memories of him will stay forever in your life and you will always remember him, however i always give the example of 'if you died, instead of your friend would you like to see all your loved ones sad and in tears ,miserable for the rest of their lives? No of course not you would want them to live their lives to the outmost happyness, so instead of dying for your friend start living for him.

Things are hardest in the beginning but we are here for you :hug: and as time passes by you will know that he hasn't gone away in your heart, and that's the most important thing.

9. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:hug: I'm so so sorry for your loss :hug:

10. euro_R

euro_R OT Supporter

funeral is on wednesday..the family wants me to be a pallbearer..:wtc:

i think thats when reality is going to kick in :(

11. JBunni

JBunni New Member

I think the hardest thing is when someone unfortunately dies young. Its always difficult when a loved one passes, but when they are so young and you feel you will have them for a long time. I'm very sorry for your loss. As was mentioned, remember the good times.

12. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

:hug:Sorry for your loss. I lost a very good friend several years ago to suicide. It was a very difficult time for me.:hug:

I can tell you, it gets better over time.

13. Nite_Lilly

Nite_Lilly Member

:hug:I'm sorry for your loss. It might help you to know that your friendship made him feel loved and wanted. And in the end that's the best present we can give to each other.

14. euro_R

euro_R OT Supporter

thank you all for the replies :hsd:

im currently tossing and turning in my bed, i simply cant fathom the thought that 12 hours from now ill be walking with a casket my hands that happens to have one of my best friends in it :wtc:

15. Nite_Lilly

Nite_Lilly Member

Hang in there! You'll be honoring your friend by being there for him one last time.

16. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Sorry to hear that. I can't imagine losing one of my best friends.

17. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

"It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew"
    -Henry Rollins