Lost 45lbs in 30 days v.Hospital

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by $shot, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $shot

$shot OT Supporter

Anyone lose a significant amount of muscle due to health problems? If so, how long did it take to fully recover?

I went from 6'2" 230 to 185lbs in one month. Couldn't start lifting for ~3 months after I was released (started again mid September), and fuck has it been a struggle.

2. $shot

$shot OT Supporter

who nose :dunno:

3. TZ

TZ Banned

"This past year my body has changed dramatically. I would keep cycling up and down with my bodyweight and I just got leaner every time. Basically I would gain about 10 lbs. then lose 5 and repeat. Then after I was getting too fat I would diet down for a month or until I lost about 20 lbs and I would repeat the whole thing.

The reason I got so lean before World's was because of the accident at Nationals. When the car squat bar hit me in the back of the head it severely jacked up my thyroid and adrenals. I lost 35 lbs in a month and most of it was fat. I kept a lot of muscle but the main problem was that I had no endurance. My body looked great but it just sucked! All show and no go! I am still fighting an uphill battle because of this injury but at least my weight has come back a fair amount."

travis ortmayer

4. $shot

$shot OT Supporter

only prob for me was that i didn't eat at all for a month, then had nearly no food for the following month or 2. i lost so much muscle and strength i was weaker/smaller than i was 5yrs ago when i started weight lifting. what a mind fuck it was

5. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

broke my jaw once, lost about 25lbs.

6. quamen

quamen New Member

loss 6lbs in one day due to vomiting all day long. i have a super fast metabolism, and this really hurt me since im a hard gainer.

7. RESQME

RESQME OT Supporter

i broke my elbow two years ago, was in a soft cast for like 2 weeks i was almost 180 and went to 169. I was also in my peak for lifting too. Needless to say it took me sooooooo long to get back i mean soooooooo long, till this day when im lifting heavy for a long time it still hurts a bit.

8. RESQME

RESQME OT Supporter

but as of right now my weight is all fuckin over the place i went from 174 to 180 to 175, now im 185 im going nuts, im going to try a 16 day plan and do 45 min of hard cardio everyday and then lift weights 3 days a week i really hope i can drop to 175 or a little lower think this is possible>? also might start taking the meal replacement drinks.

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Broke up with g/f of 6 years and lost 20 lbs in a few weeks, lol :rofl:

I felt like a such a pussy, but I just didn't have any apetite or motivation to hit the gym. Of course, after a few weeks I got my act together, started eating again, and got back in the gym and looked better than ever a few months later :hsd:

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

well... i was already undermuscled, but when i had my jaw wired shut i went from 175 to 154 at my lowest (at 6'4")

all i can say is don't try to gain it all back immediately. I basiaclly went from 155 to 195 in the same year, and it was bad news (ever seen that pic of me? :o that was at my peak)

You can only gain so much muscle so fast, so just ease your way up. It fucking sucks, but that's life.

11. city_lights

city_lights New Member

lost 15 lbs in 6 days.
    had a fever between 101-103 all 6 days.
    right before thanksgiving. so recovery was fast.
    and yes, i am a lurker.

12. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

:bowdown:

YES! When i broke up with my gf i weighed at least 225. Im now 167. :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.