loss of appetite

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jimeigh, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

So my girlfriend and i broke up over the summer, was as drama-free as could be, and i thought i'd gotten over it after a while. got interested in other girls, etc etc, pretty much thought i was in a healthy place. went weeks without thinking of her. I recently heard, by accident, that she has a new boyfriend, and my appetite has been severely compromised.

i feel always hungry, but can't seem to stomach much of the food. it's hard to eat. i've been forcing myself to do it, but the hungry-hurt in my stomach just doesn't go away. i recognize this is a potentially dangerous thing.

i'm not expecting any miracles, and this is bound to pass, but it's been pretty bad this week and i don't want it to last any longer. i'm not expecting any miracles but someone's bound to have been there before, and if someone could toss some relevant advice that'd be sweet.

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Do you work out? If not go go bust your ass in the gym and your appetite should return.

3. Aww_Kittah_Aww

Aww_Kittah_Aww Active Member

The exact same thing happened to me. When I found out about my ex I lost some weight. Only thing that helped me was time and getting in the gym more than I ever have before.

The gym does wonders for post break up therapy! It calms stress and you'll be hungry afterwards. I'm at the point now where If I don't go for a few days I can see a noticeable difference in my self esteem and attitude.

I need the gym to stay sane now.

4. themolsen

themolsen New Member

it'll pass man. I'll agree with the gym suggestion. It'll get your appetite up, plus you HAVE to eat or you won't gain any muscle and your hard work will be for naught.

5. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

It'll pass with time, the gym does help :hs: Just keep yourself as busy as possible.

I think I go the opposite route as most people... people always talk about losing their appetite when they breakup/etc., all I want to do is eat :o

6. THoC

THoC New Member

time.

not sure about the gym thing. i work out regularly. when i went through a break up and went through the appetite loss the gym didnt help. then again the gym is a routine for me.

if its not for you then it may help.

7. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

:bowrofl:

it depends for me.... but I tend to always want to eat whenever I'm down or procrastinating or stressing out...food is my drug :o

8. C.W.

C.W. OT Supporter

Stop being a little bitch and move on. It didnt work out for whatever reason. Eat something and pick up a new hobby or start working out. Keep yourself busy.

Best way to get over a woman is to get on top of another.

9. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

The only time I lose my appetite is when I'm upset/stressed/scared and like you, just the thought of food is repulsive.

Being so upset + not eating is a lot of stress on your body. Like you said, it's bound to pass but until then try to relax, calm yourself down and find something engaging to burn off some energy.

Take care of yourself Jimeigh :hug:

10. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

squat and smoke some herb

11. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Meh.

Never had much of an appetite to begin with, i've always eaten for fuel and not for pleasure.

These days I just have a protein shake every other day (when i go to the gym) and have dinner a few hours later to up my caloric intake.

Just remember that skinny guys are like fat girls. Generally looked down upon by society. It's not fair, it's superficial, but it's the nature of the beast. I've noticed that once i start eating a lot more, my appetite naturally grows. It just takes a lotta maintenance to keep it going.

12. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

Hang in there. Keep yourself busy and force yourself to eat at least something. You'll get over this in no time.

13. Jimeigh

a friend of mine who majored in nutrition suggested i eat fruit and nuts. they went down pretty easy, so i was glad for the advice. filled myself with cashews, oranges, and pomegranate. i've been eating and feeling less sick since then. maybe i was just stressing myself and a placebo helped, or maybe it worked. either way i knew exercise would help, but i wasn't gonna initiate exercise on an empty stomach. so, here's to being full!

14. Jimeigh

i guess there's always gotta be the token one of these in a thread like this. :rofl:

15. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I can relate. I was with a girl for ~4 years, and she broke up with me to date another guy "who looked like me". Strange, I know.
    :ugh2:

3 Months after breaking up, she calls me to see how many people I've slept with. I tell her one (not her), she tells me she been with four! Appetite gone for about a week.
    :wtc:

2 Months later, she calls me again to tell me she engaged, and moving. Appetite gone again.
    :eek3:

Depression (situational-depression) can really effect normal body systems. It's logical though. Fight through it, find a hobby and hit the gym. Good luck!
    :wiggle:

16. themolsen

themolsen New Member

my ex has been with over 10 guys since we split 2 months ago lol :rofl: Honestly, it just fuels my appetite and makes me feel sorry for her.

TS, find something else to grab on to, emotionally, instead of missing her or whatever. Know that her new boyfriend probably isn't even half the man you are and is likely just a rebound... you should be out there living your life and getting laid or at least moving on. Hell, get angry or something, and fuel that energy into lifting weights and eating. Just do it.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  17. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

18. Jimeigh

:rofl::rofl: funny you should say that. after i found out she let me know that she was "settling for less" and "using him" to "survive the break up" and that there's "slim picking's" where she is now. poor guy :hs:

can't really be mad at her or anything. we broke up because she thought if we werent going to get married, that we were wasting time. so it just sucks that she felt that way. we've both just gotta do what we gotta do.

i'm eating ok this morning, and i've got other dates already too. i was just tryin not to starve myself meanwhile. i'll be ok

19. themolsen

themolsen New Member

heh, then be REALLY glad you're out of that relationship

20. Jimeigh

has its benefits