Losing weight while being hypoglycemic...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Skoles, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I'm overweight. Not morbidly obese overweight, but more of a "big guy" overweight. My arms are not fat & flabby, my legs & calves have some fat, but my calves are very muscular. I have a full face & most of my weight is centered in my torso.

I try eating right when I can and keep it going for a long as I can. But because of the hypoglycemia I will get tired & lose energy very quickly. I love to be active (biking, walking, hiking), but if I don't get some sort of sugar intake or a regular meal I will become drained after an hour of most activities. At moments like these, salads don't cut it and drinks only help temorarily.

My work habits don't help me either. I'm a graphic designer so I'm in front of a computer on my ass all the time. The only "real" exercise I see regularly is when I detail my car (easily a 3hr event) so the constant crouching & standing, cleaning, polishing & waxing is probably why my arms & legs are in better shape than the rest of me. This is something I do once a week regularly throughout the Spring/Summer/early fall.

My mind wants to get in shape but my body makes it hard to do so. I'm not looking for a magic pill, tho one that helps burn fat while inactive would help. What do some of you think I could do to help take some of the weight off over the Winter months and get me feeling better for more outside activities come Spring?

Thanks in advance.

2. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Start doing cardio now, 3 times a week in small doses ... something like 20 minutes in the pool one day, 20 minutes on a treadmill at 3.5 mph one day and 20 minutes rowing one day ... learn how to "peak" the carbohydrates in your system during exercise and eat a healthy diet otherwise. There's nothing wrong with diets high in carbohydrates ... just avoid refined sugars and keep your fat calories below 20% of your total calories.

3. bigboy

bigboy New Member

Id like to lose weight too, but Im fat pretty much everywheye around my body

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.