Losing too fast?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by friedrice, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friedrice

friedrice New Member

I have droped about 20lbs in the first month of my body for life challenge. Is this too much to drop? Am I hurting myself or just losing muscle mass? I don't feel like I have lost any muscle and in fact I am way stronger then when I started. Iam skinnier, pants are way to big already, less man boobs. I am very strict on my work outs and cardio following the program to the tee. My diet is not as good as i would like. I am not eating junk, more the oposite. I eat great, just not as often as the program would like. I find it impossible to eat 6 meals a day. This is even using Myoplex MRS and bars. Post weight sessions I drink EAS muscle armor. On cardio days I am takin a EC stack and doing my cardio first thing in the AM with no food intake before hand. Weight days are done during my lunch hour. So with this info what do you guys think?
    5'6"
    start weight 210
    weight after first month 190
    starting waistline 36/38"
    now 34"
    I can take some really emberrising pics if needed.
    Sorry if this is all noob shit to you guys but lets face it...I am in fact a noob.:wavey:

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

if you are getting stronger, losing inches, and feeling better... who cares? You are making good progress.

If you stop losing weight, stop getting stronger, or start feeling like shit... then worry.

3. turbage

turbage New Member

this is the best advice you can get, from anyone.

ever

4. friedrice

friedrice New Member

Fair enough, It does seem like my energy levels are kinda down but I guess that is to be expected.

5. MF Doom

MF Doom Guest

5lbs a week, I'm no expert but I think that's maybe too much. I hear that the recommended amount of weight loss per week is around 2lbs, you may be harming your health. You should probably do some research on it, the forums over at bodybuilding.com are a great place to start.

6. friedrice

friedrice New Member

Thanks, I will check it out.

7. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

don't listen to anything MF Doom posts. ever. he comes in here for two things... 1) troll 2) tell everyone how much he thinks the forum sucks. As he pointed out, he doesn't know shit.

bb.com is one of the worst places for advice on the web, its a bunch of 13 year olds asking if superdrol will make their biceps grow.

You won't continue to drop 20lbs a month. A good amount of the weight you lost is water weight. Judging from your measurements shrinking, you've lost fat. Your strength is going up, so you are retaining/building muscle. Don't be surprised when your pounds/week slows down to normal 'healthy' rates.

8. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

20 pounds is not uncommon for the first month. 10 pounds is probably water. Do like Maine said, go by how you feel. The loss will slow down now.

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

+1.

A lot of that is water and it is pretty normal for your first month to have a lot of loss. My first month on a dedicated cut I dropped 14lbs, and considering I was "fairly lean" to start with that kinda shocked me. However, the progress of weight loss def. begins to slow down as the months go on.

Do another month of what you are doing and report back.

10. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

mostly all water, but thats the start of getting lean.

11. friedrice

friedrice New Member

Wow ok thanks guys. I was a little nervous about hurting something, no idea what but still. However I think I cought a fuckin cold today. Going to skip my workout and go straight to bed by 6pm. Shed a tear for me, call the whambulence or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.