SRS losing more confiendce as i improve myself, feel depressed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quamen, Dec 17, 2009.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Its hard for me to gain any confidence in myself, even after i improved myself. I am tall and used to be very skinny, and always got picked on. I joined the gym and become very fit and in shape and i lost more confidence. As i progressed in the gym i felt like my body was growing and then my face didn't match it. What i mean is that i feel my head is small/narrow and my body is big so i look odd. As time goes on i feel more and more paranoid about this problem and constantly feel like i have to look in the mirror for some odd reason and walk with my head down and have a hard time looking people in the eye.

I really don't know what to do, because it seems like i am never happy with myself and when i improve on something i wasn't happy with, something else is off and i feel worse then i did before. Also i feel like i shouldn't be feeling this way as a 27 yr old, but i just feel like i look so damn odd and so self conscious i cant get any self esteem. The things that haunt me are from comments years ago and i cant let them go. Even though i know i should, i keep having those thoughts/images because i always had low self esteem then people making fun of me in my head, even though some of these are 5 years old all the way to over 10 years old.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

We had people like you come in here before, the problem is that you've been looking for an external solution for an internal problem.

A normal person would love themselves for who they are, there are 7 billion people on this world who all want you to be what they want you to be, you can't possibly satisfy them all ,so why do you keep tormenting yourself, rather don't give a damn what other people think of you. You are your own judge jury and executor.

3. Rellik

Rellik New Member

maybe you can't satisfy all 7 billion peoples specific criteria but im sure that most of these 7 billion have several key criteria in common!

4. Qt_pie2

Qt_pie2 New Member

You are lacking self confidence.. Don't ever listen to what people say, just take that as an opinion...

5. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

:ugh:
    Listen to what people say: SOMETIMES YOU CAN LEARN A LOT FROM IT.

Of course, if they're just berating you just to berate you, then they can fuck off.

6. Effervescent

Effervescent New Member

Ah, so ugly people do actually know they're ugly...

Maybe you should consider plastic surgery, like cheek and chin implants...

Or just, go down to skinny headed body size, so you're all in proportion.

Or, you could just get some icecream, go to the beach and think "Wow, icecream is awesome!"

I am officially the most helpful person I know.