Losing fat WITHOUT weightlifting. v. halp

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by tuesdaynightmike, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuesdaynightmike

tuesdaynightmike 9 UCL > *

I am hoping you guys can help me here.

About 7 months ago I tore my rotator cuff(not from lifting), and it has healed now, but I still cannot weight lift on it for at least 2-3 more months.

I had lost about ~60lbs the past 2 years before my injury, and now I gained about 15 of those back.

I don't know what my BF% is but if I had to guess i'd say 22-24%

I pretty much just want a flat stomach, and don't really care about being cut.

So how can I achieve this goal without weight lifting?

I can only do leg machines/abs as far as weight lifting goes.

What type of cardio should I do? Should I eat less calories because I won't be lifting heavy and burning more calories?

Thanks.

2. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

Cardio will get you there. Unless you're doing a really intense circuit workout the energy expenditure from resistance training won't be that high.

Start running, start out slow and light, then work your way up over a few weeks.If you can work up to an hour on most days that'd be great. Have you been given exercises to perform by a physio? Work on these at the gym and also maintain lower body resistance work.

3. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

see where your maintenance is at and go 200-300 below it, I believe. Look through the stickies...there's some info on it about caloric intake if youre trying to shred.

4. tuesdaynightmike

tuesdaynightmike 9 UCL > *

I see, so running > * how fast 6/6.5 mph?

Yes I have exercises that I do for my cuff, but I do those at home with like a 1lb dumbell and a rubber band.

5. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Fucking rotator cuff. I know from personal experience rehab is a bitch (had my labrum reattached to my scapula...). Anyway if your cuff is still in the rehab phase, running might not be the best idea because of the swinging of the arms and the possible jolting which may ensue. I would suggest eliptical machines or biking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.