Losing fat != losing lbs?... (in #s)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ay thunderrcat, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ay thunderrcat

ay thunderrcat You can have all the hoes, I'm gon keep the women.

right now i am cutting, and i have been doing so for about 3 weeks or so... i didnt really see a change in my weight #, maybe 1 pound less, but i AM seeing results, like in my face, the fat around my face seemed to get less... but does losing fat necessarily mean numbers going down?.. because i have a good amount of muscle too. sorry if this didnt make sense.

2. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

crooks' the shit!!

3. TZ

TZ Banned

i'm not sure. I have heard that once you get down to a certain bodyfat percentage that strength starts to dip. also it seems like a lot of the strongest dudes are around 20% or more...then again, there are freaks like mariusz pudzianowski :dunno:

4. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

:noes:

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

:rofl: @ crooks

Welcome to the world of reducing bodyfat. Scales are evil. Use a measuring tape.

6. RobsMob

RobsMob Guest

no muscle for body fat?

If you're bringing in less calories than you expend, your body has to do something. So in theory it'll burn up fat for a while. But if the caloric deficiency is too great, your body will start to burn up muscle.

I'm in weight loss mode. I need to drop another ~70lbs. I'm kind of lucky in the sense that as I lose weight, my lean muscle mass stays pretty constant. And I've lost a bunch of weight already. We'll see if that holds true the closer I get to an ideal body-fat percentage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.