Losing BodyFat

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Cockdiesel, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cockdiesel

Cockdiesel Guest

What's the best way to go about lowering your BF%? Cutting, or putting on some muscle, then cutting? I've lost a lot of weight recently, like 30 lbs, but I'm still like 18% BF, which expains my skinny/fatness @ 6'0 169 lbs. Just want to get leaner, and buff eventually, but being lean is my main priority.

EDIT: Also, I'm only taking a multivitamin daily. How much would throwing in a EC Stack help me out in my quest for leanness?

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Burn more calories than you consume

3. Layman

Layman New Member

At your height and weight, if you're not cut, I'd focus on putting on some muscle.

4. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

whats your diet

5. Cockdiesel

Cockdiesel Guest

I've done that, and I've lost a lot of weight, but 18% BF sucks. Just keep on cutting then? I dont want to have to dip into like the 150lbs~ just to be lean, it'd be hell going back up when I'm muscling up. Plus, 150 lbs@ 6'0 sounds really unhealthy. :o

6. Cockdiesel

Cockdiesel Guest

Well, most of the weight I just dropped by cutting calories, so I still ate the same stuff (not the healthiest food), just less. Lately, I've been cleaning it up, Oatmeal in the morning, Lean Cusine Dinners, etc. But I also snack a lot too. :o

7. Layman

Layman New Member

Yeah, so what's your goal? 5% body fat and looking like a skeleton?

I'd put on some muscle, don't sweat the fat for now (but keep it below 20%ish), and cut later down the line when you'll actually look good with low body fat.

8. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

why would it be hell going back up? if you are finding it hard cutting weight do you really think your body will have a hard time gaining back that weight if you start eating heavily?

9. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

the snacks are a killer.. its hard but the snacks usually have the worst nutritional value out of everything.
    if you must have snacks, up your cardio to make up for it

10. Cockdiesel

Cockdiesel Guest

I'm not finding it hard cutting, I've gone down almost 40 lbs this year so far, but when I'm still seeing belly fat and have a 18%BF, I get a little discouraged. :hs: I'm willing to go down as far as I have to to get to like the low teens in BF, then bulk on.

11. Cockdiesel

Cockdiesel Guest

Yeah, I know. Snacks (My moms cookies :yum:) + The Munchies (after smoking) really kill me. :o :wtc:

12. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

if you gain mass your body will require more calories to keep you alive and moving throughout the day, so you will be able to eat the same amount of calories that you did before but it will create more of a deficit.
    instead of cutting all the way down and then trying to build back up, i would try to bring your mass up to equal the amount of calories you are already eating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.