loose outline for weight loss v.11ty billion but i want opinions anyways

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ElGato, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElGato

ElGato I see you rolled your way into the semi's...Aye di

i just wanted to get the OT nutrition crews opinion on my new "fat" loss program. I say fat becuase i want to lose fat, but i'll probably put on some muscle weight, so i'm not setting a real limit, just monitoring loosely my weight loss. right now i'd say i'm around 205 lbs, 6' 3"., probably around 18-20 percent body fat, mainly around my stomach and chest (go figure for any guy) is where i want to lose the most. I've read through most of the sticky material here, but just wanted to get a general opinion of this, since it is going to be kinda a big commitment on my behalf (physically and mentally especially, since i usually kinda flake out on losing weight).

My top priority is working on my diet (i'm a college student, so needless to say i eat pretty shitty most days). Just mainly focusing on cutting back on fat, sodium, and complex sugars. I'm going to try to start swimming 3-4 days a week for 30-40 minutes, just cause i HATE running and swimming is a good cardio exercise that seems to work alot of muscle groups, and i actually enjoy swimming. Then kinda as my secondary priority is to try to lift weights 2-3 times a week ( have a adjustible barbell set in my room), focusing mainly on core, chest and arm exercises.

anyways, that's my kinda loose plan for now. I've kinda half-heartedly tried losing weight before, but a few things recently have really pushed me to want to lose the extra weight. So any advice or comments on this would be greatly appreciated, as well as any good exercises with free weights for those regions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.