GUN Looks like Wallys is cracking down on scalpers

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ford4Life, May 23, 2009.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Saw this pic on another forum. In addition to the per box limit of ammo, looks like Walmart is cracking down on gun shops buying out thier ammo then reselling it at 2-3x the price.

Supposedly the stickers can't be removed without destroying the packaging.

[​IMG]

2. bobotech

bobotech New Member

LOL

Nice!

3. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

They finally started rationing here....fucking 2 box limit and I still cant get any :mad:

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

3 box limit at mine. I got lucky yesterday, they had some Blazer Brass 9mm, so I got 3 boxes, $8.97 per 50.

5. BLH

BLH Member

Good, maybe I can one day find ammo at the local walmart. Haven't seen .380 or .45 there for months.

6. TriangleMan

TriangleMan What doesn't kill you is going to die

What can Walmart really do about it though? :dunno:

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

They are probably looking for patterns right now.....same shop keeps getting reported, etc. If they can identify those shops and the stores they purchase from, they can refuse to sell to anyone they suspect as buying ammo for resale. I guess if they wanted to be dicks about it, Walmart could attempt to burn those shops with other distributors and manufacturers, a Walmart contract is worth a lot more $$$$$ then Uncle Fred's gun shop.

I wish CMP did something similar with the 30.06 ammo they have, fucking bastards have been buying it up then listing it 2x the price on Gunbroker.

8. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I thought they only allowed a certain amount per year?

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Yep. Milt Sparks has a similar blacklist. If they suspect you are purchasing holsters simply for resale, they will refuse to sell to you. And if they find after the fact, and you are reported, they will no longer sell to you period.

10. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

:cool: on Walmart

11. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

Was 50 at a time, then 25 per year, now 10 per year.

CMP ammo prices went up too. :hsd:

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Gun owners are weird. Sometimes they go on about capitalism and the free market, othertimes they want extra rules and hate capitalism.

13. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

People willing to trade their walmart priced ammo for temporary capitalism deserve neither

14. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

In a free market, vendors can choose to sell, or not to sell, to anyone they wish. That is what Walmart is doing. If you don't like the practice, buy elsewhere.

Sounds like capitalism to me.

15. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

It would be pretty much impossblie to stop vendors from buying ammo at Walmart. How hard is it send someone else in to buy ammo? Also if they paid cash how would you flag them?

16. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

:werd:

17. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

If Wal Mart puts stickers on their boxes and they are easily recognizable then they will at least stop little shops from reselling their stuff. There's a local gun shop that has a few boxes of ammo from a large chain (Academy) that they have rasied the price on. I went in there and poked around for a while and saw it. I looked at the guy with a :hsugh: face, he looked at me and I walked out. Gun shops don't need to be feeding into this mayhem.

18. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

19. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

I'm surprised you've even found a box of .22LR.

I haven't see a box of 22LR on the shelf since March.

20. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

well said.

21. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Walmart's reaction to the market is capitalistic in nature but the whining about not getting a fair chance to buy it for whatever reason is not. Walmart, not surprisingly, is being the good capitalist, that doesn't mean that gun owners are which is who my beef is with.

22. ChipOnShoulder

Markets have to be free, and markets have to be "fair". Robber-Barrons in the 19th century made a mockery of the capital markets. Without regulation, capitalism easily strangles itself. I had a series 7 and 65 license for a while, so i've forgotten all the specific examples the SEC drilled into my brain, hahaha. The statement that Lenin said about capitalists selling people the rope people would use to hang them holds true in many cases. Individual greed coupled with unfair practice means a net loss of efficiency in the market.

I, for one, would like the idea of being able to buy some fucking goddamn WWB 9mm again.

23. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

And I'd like a 700 series bmw for 25k. :big grin: This to me illustrates the problem I see with those good old fashioned capitalist gun owners. Its a great system until they're inconvenienced, then they want regulations. When they're ammo starved though, fuck supply and demand, I want my cheap ammo! I miss cheap ammo too, sadly demand outstrips supply right now. If you really want ammo its available but you pay a premium for it which I think is great. Leave 2 per comrade for the communists.

24. ChipOnShoulder

LOL,

I don't want regulations, and I don't understand why you feel the need to demonize fellow gun owners who are sick and tired of scalpers and speculators trying to make a quick buck. It's obvious to me that gun stores and some people are abusing the system. Am I advocating Obama creating the ammo Gestapo? No.

Instead, i'm happy that Wal-Mart, Bravo Company, and MSTN have instituted buying policies that are meant to better serve the shooting public instead of opportunistic assholes.

So you can take your misplaced WOLVERINES!!! commie hate and direct it someplace more relevant, like onto the politics forums.

PS: Lucky me, I stacked ammo and primers deep in mid 2008. The writing was on the wall. I've not changed my shooting habbits, thinking that eventually the rush on ammo will pass. I'm still confident it will, and look forward to the return to normalcy.

25. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

We'll have to just disagree. Like you I'm deep in ammo and have no dog in the "omg I need ammo now" race. What you see as scalpers and speculators trying to make a quick buck by abusing the system (what exactly is being abused anyway? being there first?) just seems like basic capitalism to me. I don't see what exactly is abuse or wrong with speculation. Its just a tough pill to swallow if you're looking for a deal and I view that as hypocrisy for most gun owners and their stated political positions. I still say if the demand weren't there the prices would fall. If the supply isn't sufficient to meet the demand then suck it up and take your lumps with the system you otherwise praise. Hopefully the commie comments were over the top, they were just meant to be funny. I really do see it as most people preaching capitalism until they get the short end of the stick then its abuse, scalping, raping, gouging and a list of other things.