MMA Looks like I'm getting promoted to blue.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Placebo, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Today my instructor told me that he wanted me to test as soon as he gets a belt testing scheduled which will be in the next week or two. One of the blues that is soon to be purple who is very close to him told me that I am going to be getting a blue belt with two stripes.

I'm excited as hell. Guess I'm going to know what it feels like to have a bullseye around my waist now :noes:

2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Congrats.​

3. Congrats! That was really fucking quick! btw how did you do in the tournament?

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Thanks, about 8 months, but I've been going 4-5 days per week and staying for atleast 2 hours those days.

I ended up placing second in absolute gi and no gi. I was 163 lbs. I went through the prelims and semis without much trouble. The last guys in each division though were simply flat out better than me.

The guy in gi that I lost to wrestled 7 years and jui jitsu on and off for 3 years. He's a four stripe white but hasn't been tested in more than a year. I think he was 175. I took him down and ended up in half guard. He flat out swept me right away then I went for the oldshcool and he blocked it so I just pulled guard. We sat in guard for a long ass time and it was two to two. He had great sub defense and there was a minute left so I decided to go for a bicep lock. Just as I was pulling his shoulder down with both arms he got out of it and ended up passing and going into sidemount. He won by 3 points.

The guy in no gi I lost to was amazing. His takedowns were awesome and he dominated from the top. He wrestled for 12 years and did 3 1/2 years of jiu jitsu. He was 190 and shredded. It started off with me baiting him for a double leg. I knew that there was no way that I would take him down. He took the bait so I sprawled out and tried to circle to his back or get in quarter. That didn't work so I sat back into guillotine. He ended up slipping in 3 fingers in and then pulling out of it after about a half minute. He opened up my guard and I pulled half guard, put on a modified lockdown then oldschool. I got in his halfguard then got sidemount. He reverses it, then knee on stomach, then mount. I'm basically fucked on points. He goes for an armbar and I escape, we stand up and stalls for the 10 or so seconds that are left and that's match. The guy was amazingly strong and had technique to back it up. I was lucky to pull off the few things that I did. I was simply outclassed.

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

A friend of mine taped all of my matches and I'm hoping to get them posted as soon as I get a hold of him.

Either way I just found out that I can use my current camera then burn it with the dvd burner and post future matches from that.

6. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

so youre going from a white belt to a blue belt with two stripes? thats some pretty fast progression!

7. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

all in eight months too.. jesus man. when i had a blue belt with two stripes i had been training for about two and a half or almost three years! :eek3:

8. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

yeah a lot of schools are giving belts out quicker these days

9. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Thanks man. I'm honestly the last person to leave class every day and some days I train twice a day. I have been training with the blues pretty much since my first month and after about 4 months I started rolling with some of the purples.

He told me that I'm the fastest person that he has promoted in his 9 years of teaching so I'm very happy that my hard work is paying off.

10. JustGod

JustGod New Member

We got ourselves a another BJ Penn on our hands. Congrats man. You sound like a pretty humble guy.

11. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i think BJ had a personal trainer and trained practically fulltime

congrats though...can't wait for the vids :x:

12. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Thanks guys.

All I have to do is get a program that takes whatever format it's going to be in from my camera which will be burned to dvd and switch that to mpeg or some other thing like that.

13. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

oh yeah and fuckin congrats chief

14. Great job. The hard work has paid off. :bigthumb:

15. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

fuckin badass! congrats dude! i agree with atmosphere's comment as well!