A&P Looks for an affordable photo printer. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Bigsnake, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

My dad recently bought a Canon SD630. He's not big into taking photos and I think his one main problem with digital cameras still is he doesn't seem to know the best way to get pictures from the camera onto paper.

My mom was going to get him a gift and I suggested a photo printer to go along with his camera. It's now my job to find a printer hopefully less than $150 with shipping/tax.

I'm finding a lot of the less expensive photo printers are small and only printer an 4"x6". Are there any ones in the price range that do good quality prints on a larger size?

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

SD630 supports pictbridge. Get a printer which supports pictbridge & it will have a USB socket on the front. Plug camera into printer, browse photos on camera & press print.

By far the easiest way for someone with not so great computer or camera skills.. its also much faster than using a computer if you dont have to edit the photos.

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Thanks, I knew the cameras had that ability but didn't know what it was called.

Any suggestions on which printer to get?

4. mojito

mojito New Member

epson 9800 is pretty good :dunno:

J&R music sell the canon selphy (dye sub 4x6) for $50 or under, retails for 150-200. for bigger than 4x6, get a epson r200/r220. best for the money printer unless you can find a deal on a r300/r330

5. LEXTC

LEXTC Guest

affordable and photo printer are never allowed to be in the same sentence.

Even if you find an inexpensive photo printer you're anus is still going to bleed each time you press the print button 12 times. Paper and ink aren't cheap. It's far cheaper to just take your pics to walmart to have them developed. I'm not even kidding.. :hs: