Looking to Upgrade to Smartphone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by J R B, May 17, 2007.

1. J R B

J R B The pink pills are for your sanity, we are buried

I'm getting tired of the same old same old of my cell phone (Samsung e720), and I would like to upgrade to something that has more features, especially wi-fi internet access. I'm assuming I would have to have a Smartphone to achieve this?

I'm looking for something that doesn't look like ass, but performs well for a reasonable price.
    I would like to have Windows Mobile as an operating system.

I am currently using the Rogers AT&T carrier, so I gues my first question would be if I can just pop my SIM card in, and just use it right away with my existing cell plan (phone, txt, voicemail). It would be best if the phone was Quad-band, but as long as I have the 1900MHz band, it should work. I'd prefer to have the 850MHz band if possible.

What are some good/reliable brands I should be looking at? The iPhone would be nice, but is way too expensive.

:)

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. BiggDoggUNC

BiggDoggUNC Show me a good loser... and I'll show you a loser.

I have a tmobile dash and love it. I have no problem, get my email, connect via wifi, etc. Battery life is good, with medium to heavy use I can usually go 2 days between charges, where alot of other phones with same use would die mid/late 2nd day.

I think you can get an unlocked new one that will work fine on at&t/cingular for like $200-250 on ebay.

3. Vaytan

Vaytan New Member

Take a look at the HTC S710. [​IMG]

I ordered it last week sometime. backordered and it will be shipped soon.

Picked it up from http://sntradersonline.com/ it is based in Toronto.

4. VenomousSVT

VenomousSVT New Member

the htc phones like the one above are awesome! The biggest selling point for them is the amount of hacks available for those phones!!!! Just keep in mind they are windows ce devices not smartphones.

I have a motorola Q and I really like the phone. It isnt any thicker than a razr and will slide in my back pocket and I cant tell its there. The HTC phones are alot thicker. However if battery life is what you want the Q is lacking in that department, unless you buy the extended battery. With the big extended battery it iwll run for upwards to 3 days but it does add some to the width of the phone.

5. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

does the wifi on that phone turn off the ability to receive calls?

6. armond

armond New Member

How far along are Nokia phones in the US? Where I am at there are Nokia N95s and such.