looking to replace the bose deck in my Miata LS

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RyeBread, Apr 26, 2005.

1. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

for a cd/mp3 deck with an auxilliary input on the front.

it's a miata, with stock bose speakers, so I'm not looking for the best, but $200-$300 range I'd say should be good 'nuff.

suggestions?

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Alpine, Pioneer Premire, or used Eclipse. Find something that has the features you want from those brands. Or, I'd probably sell you my Eclipse 5444 for around $300.

3. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

seems that most that feature an auxilliary input, are actually rear mount inputs.

I may in fact end up just going that route, and mounting a cable/plug and wiring it to the rear mount auxilliary :hs:

4. veonake

Sorry, didn't see the front input part. I don't know of any quality decks that have an aux input on the front. Just wire it up to the back and run the cable through the dash someplace. Check out the stickied thread at the top of this forum on page 2 for my install. I'm serious about the HU offer though. Eclipse is one of the best decks you can buy in this price range.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Had bad experience with eclipse... I'd say Alpine or Premiere.

6. veonake

Oh, so that makes Eclipse bad overall contrary to what just about ANYONE that is experienced in car audio would say? Sorry, that just pisses me off, Eclipse is one of the most recognized names in high end, high quality, car audio around. You really cannot do any better unless you go with Nakamachi.

What was your bad experience anyway?

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

sorry didn't know that you couldn't buy it unless YOU said so, and if you say it then they HAVE to buy it.

My point is simple.... THEY FUCKING SUCK! I will not buy them again. Why don't you go suck another fucking cock instead of trying to force your opinions on me you fucking nazi. My post was STRICTLY an opinion and was clearly made as such... You piss me off that your mother didn't beat the fucking piss out of you and then have your dad shoot you to prevent forcing your idiocy on the rest of the public.

8. veonake

haha, how old are you, seven? You're right, your post WAS an opinion, mine was much more factual. You realize that you are the one acting rediculous and like a fool here, right? You made a recommendation that he not buy Eclipse, and now are saying Eclipse "FUCKING SUCK(s)!" based off of one bad experience, completely ignoring the rest of the industry's experience. Do see the statistical error in making that recommendation? Are you actually being serious in your post? It is so off the wall and unwarranted it's funny. Not to mention, you didn't even answer my question.

RyeBread, I'm sorry we are running your thread off track. You know my opinion on the matter, and I think that if you do some more searching of car audio forums you will find agreement. Good luck, and PM if you are interested in my deck.

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

My problem was with the cd mechanism. After consulting with others, this was indeed a problem with eclipse (horrible mechanics)

10. veonake

Ah, a non-yelling answer, much appreciated. Well, sorry to hear about that, I've never had a problem, and I've never heard of anyone complaining about poor build quality, only raving about superior build quality. Hell, they don't even have removable face plates because they want as few interconnections and things that can wear out as possible. Plus, you get a three year warranty if you buy it retail.

11. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

when we stopped selling equits, it was because of their poor build quality.

12. veonake

equits? wtf? Whatever, fujitsu-ten is high quality, sorry you guys don't seem to feel the same. The collective whole says different and that's all there really is to it.

13. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

older eclipse was great... i haven't dealt with much of the newer stuff but I've heard a lot of problems with the cd loading mechanism... maybe loudsystem could chime in

14. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

we were with them in the begining, and dropped them in 2000...

[​IMG]

...and in a market as small as ours, you can't RA 40% or more of any unit... because people don't forget... though i'm sure equits do great in a bigger market. the best thing equits had going for them, was the vifa made speakers.