Looking to rebuild a 68 or 64 mustang but..

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ay thunderrcat, Oct 10, 2004.

1. ay thunderrcat

ay thunderrcat You can have all the hoes, I'm gon keep the women.

i dont really have any knowledge of cars... i wanna rebuild a 68 or 64 mustang... so where do i start?

2. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

knowlegde about cars isnt really neccessary when restoring one. you need to know more about body work and upholstery then anything. i suggest not really restoring one.. but just adding to one. Mustangs are a dime a dozen. you can find them all over the place for pretty cheap (like $3-5K) in pretty good condition. get one like that and save yourself a huge headache. if you dont know how to do good body work.. your just going to be wasting your time. its a huge hassle if you dont have experience. Now if you now people, can do it yourself, or can get stuff done at a price you can afford then by all means. go for it.

3. freeskiwp

freeskiwp New Member

get a 65 or a 66 with a 289 v8. the 64.5's are a little tougher to find and have a 260 v8. 66 fastback is what i have and there is a huge aftermarket for replacement parts. The 289 is a decent little v8, and you can easily swap in a 5 speed and get some decent power out of it. stangnet.com has a good classic mustang forum..good luck...

4. Dr. Pnutz

Dr. Pnutz Guest

:werd: Get a 65 or a 66

5. rumpy

rumpy I am of two minds...literally OT Supporter

DON'T SELL IT !

6. jonny_ringo74

jonny_ringo74 New Member

I like the 65 and 66 models but I think the 67 and 68's are alot more aggresive looking. I'm a little bias though, i've owned two 67 coupes. Anyway which ever year you choose good luck and have fun with it