Looking to put a system in my truck... Please help. :)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TGizzle, Sep 30, 2002.

1. TGizzle

TGizzle Pimpin' the 2K8 OT Supporter

Hey, I have a 1993 Chevy Silverado that has 2 bucket seats, regular cab. I have been audio deprived for about 2 years, I sold my Camaro that had 2 12's (anyone need a custom box for 82-92 Camaro that holds 2 12's? I have pic's :)). I am looking to put a pair of subs in the truck but don't know where to put them. They could be 8's or 10's, I don't need 180db, but I want something that can get fairly loud. I was told by one place that they could put an Alumnapro 10" under each seat, and that would be pretty cool because I don't want to lose what little room I have by having to move the seat up. Anyone ever done any installs with single cab trucks? THANKS!

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

check out doing something like 1 Image Dynamics IDQ 12 or maybe a few 10s. I just did a truck identical to yours with 1 12 in a box and the seat still goes back pretty far i could probably get you pics of how far back it is with the box in there if you like.

3. TGizzle

THat would be cool as hell if you could get me some pictures :)

4. Sick-O

Sick-O New Member

That "10's under the seat" idea sounds good, please post details about that if u have anymore.

I have a 2001 s-10 reg cab, and that setup woul be very nice, for the same reasons as ur opinion

5. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I did an install a couple of months ago in a reg cab 89' Silverado(friends truck). We put 2 12" Kicker CompVrs in a sealed box along with a 900watt mosfet amp. It sounded good. To make the box fit all we did was unbolt the plastic tray which lays on the ground behind the seat, all the misc wires were easy to run.

The hardest part of the install was the CD player. The bolts were hard to find along with the harness.The worst of it all was the very next day he wrecked his truck head on with a Explorer and he was pissed it was an unavoidable wreck because it was raining.

Like Loudsystem said I think a pairs IDQ's 10's or 12 will suit you well. Even with the 2 12s in the install I worked on the seat was not moved up to far. I havent seen any boxes under the seat sounds interesting though.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  6. TGizzle

They were called shoebox's because they were so small... he bought one out to my truck that was empty and it fit fine but they didn't have any subs small enough for them at the time. I've been at college since so I don't know if they have them in or not.

7. MattC

MattC gotta love the prewar

I had a 1990 454 SS back in the day, and I had a friend help me build a box w/ a 10 behind each seat, with the amp displayed inbetween them. It ended up looking really good.

Here's a pic of the box out of the truck, I couldn't find any of my pics of it in the truck though, sorry. You can see though how the middle was "cut out" and where we placed the amp. Basically it was just to small boxes connected together by one long back piece. There was no problem moving the seat forward and backward either.

[​IMG]