GUN looking to get some c&r guns, also need skooling on different ak's

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by thomor25, Jul 5, 2007.

1. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

I'm looking at getting a yugo sks, enfield in 303, m1, and an ak but I need some info more on ak's like the major differences between like the waser and waser2's and which ak's are better.

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

WASR 2 = Romanian commercial AK in 5.45x39. AFAIK, these don't come with threaded barrels.

WASRs in general are not known for their high quality of construction. Considering that you have money to blow on shit, I would recomend getting a US made AK (Arsenal, or smith built from parts).

Also, be aware that .303 brit is basically impossible to find milsurp for. You would be better served by getting something in 8mm (Yugo M24/47, M48, K98) since those are far more common, and will most likely have mil surp ammo available for them again.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Romanian ak's work like this 1 = 7.62, 2 = 5.45, 3 = 5.56. WASR's started life as a single stack low capacity AK that the monkies at CIA dremeled out to accept standard AK mag's sometimes they work good sometimes they need some work (trigger group, more magwell dremeling, fixing canted front sight) there is also the SAR series which is slightly better because it started out as a high cap no dremel taken to it.

Tell us what your looking for in an AK and we can steer you in the right direction, but since you like dropping alot of money on stuff I'll just go ahead and suggest getting an Arsenal AK, best fit and finish your going to find on a current production new AK.

4. t1h

t1h Guest

ak's aren't C&R

5. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I asked about that stuff, and as squid said: "I wouldn't buy anything from where they piss in their drinking water" or something to that effect.

I'm referring more to long term milsurp supply. x54R is great because it has been made since jesus was around, 8mm is good because the yugos had/have alot of stuff in 8mm, so even after WWII there was production. '06 is great because it is all (cept for the korean stuff) clean, and multiple countries in addition to the US made it. 303 though was used ONLY by brit/colonial units, and they never really had a need for the amounts that 8mm, x54, and 06 were needed, so they never made all that much relative to the others.

7. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

get a nice lee enfield from ww1 and ww2 to have in the collection but dont fire them.

8. reman

reman New Member

get a Vepr ak?

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

The Yugo AK's are a pretty good value of the money, especially if you want an underfolder.