A&P Looking to get a digital rebel

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by 6']['9, Nov 20, 2004.

1. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

where can i get one at a decent price. I cant afford more than 800 bucks. i ee on the internet that some say body only what does that mean? Also do i need all the other things that come w/it as far as accessories? Im not a professional photographer so i am pretty interested in the whole photography thing. I like the kinds of pics you guys take but i dont know what lens does what and all this filter this & that so be patient and explain what it is i am looking for thanks

:bigthumb:

2. ohknaks

ohknaks New Member

I've bought a bunch of stuff from people at fredmiranda.com's forums. Tons of camera equipment for sale generally for the cheapest prices and in great shape, but as always with the internet, buyer beware.

3. weezerfan

weezerfan New Member

4. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

seconded -- great place -- bought my 10D from there just recently -- only 3k shots on it and all the original accessories and the owners manuals were still wrapped in the original plastic

5. mojito

mojito New Member

Body only means no lens. With triple rebates right now, go in with someone else who needs a lens or sppelite or something. If the body is say 800, and you get 300 off with the purchase of two lenses or a lens and flash, you'll save big.

You'll need ass loads of memory, none comes with it. You'll want extra batteries. You'll always want new lenses, just depends on what you'll be shooting. A tripod and bad are musts. Probably will want the remote, the rebel can use the rc-1 wireless remote I believe.

If the price looks too good, it probably is. the Rebel kit at $1k only has about $95 profit for the store. Check out this website to look up websites ratings from customers: http://www.resellerratings.com/

6. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

so you have to buy memory cards as well? and how much do those run?
    thanks for the info guys

7. mojito

mojito New Member

are you sure you want a digital rebel? Why do you want one, because everyone else has one and can take intresting pictures? Its not for everyone, and it sure looks like you haven't really done any homework on it. Its a complicated tool and an evergrowing hobby. You might want something like a G6 or Nikon 8700 or Minolta A2. Good results but from a more consumer friendly camera.

Memory cards range vastly in price according to write speeds and storage capacity. A high speed 1GB card is 80-90 bucks

8. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

well of course somebody's gonna buy a camera cause someone else has one. I guess i havent dont the homework on one but i did get a chance to use one that my buddies got. I had a Fiju cool pix which isnt worth shit so when i tried his cannon it worked a lot better as far as point and shoot and the focus was great. Im not trying to take the best pictures in the world w/ this camera but when you have kids and your out you want to point and shoot not point shoot and wait 3 or more seconds for the pic to come up and sometimes its blurry too.

9. ohknaks

ohknaks New Member

if you're not looking for advanced controls and just want a camera without lag, a SLR might not be the right camera for you. In all honestly you're probably going to be spending $1100-1200 w/ accessories off the bat for a camera that does a lot more than you want.

You might want to look at some of the mid to high range P&S digicams that have come out these days. Many of them have little to no lag like you want. Unfortunately I don't keep up on P&S so someone else will have to reccommend a model to you.

10. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

thannks for the input, can any one recommend a good P&S camera thats not too expensive.

11. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

The Canon A75 is really nice. I plan on getting one in a couple weeks. The operating system is alot faster than older digi cams. It has alot of advanced features built in as well, so in your case, I think it would be an excellent sarting camera. My dad has a 4.0mp Kodak point an shoot, and the A75 is alot faster, and the pics turn out nicer as well. Canon's optics are awsome. Best part is you can get it for $200 or less. Something like that might be more of what you need.