Looking to buy digital cam

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by phatguy88, May 24, 2006.

1. phatguy88

phatguy88 OT Supporter

I have been looking around and I see that Canon Powershot SD series is very nice. I am considering the SD600. Is this a good choice? Has anyone here had problems with it that are more than minor annoyances? The only thing I don't like is lack of a battery meter. As I am taking this with me, I won't always have access to an outlet so knowing how much battery left is for me, a good thing to know.

2. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

I have the 600 and I am very happy with it. Not even any minor annoyances. Takes great shots, lot's of settings to fine tune if I want and pretty simple to use. I carry a spare battery in the little wall charger if I think I am going to need it.

3. phatguy88

phatguy88 OT Supporter

:)

4. JaJae

JaJae New Member

I have the SD400. The only thing is that it's REALLY small. You can't hold it in your hand. You have to hold it with your fingers if that makes any sense. If you don't mind that, it's a great camera. I often put it in my pocket and just carry it around everywhere. Sometimes I forget it's in there and I fall asleep with it in my pocket. It's smaller than my cell phone...

5. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

I like a camera that is a little bit bigger. I have the Canon S2 IS. Nice cam, takes some really good pics.

6. phatguy88

phatguy88 OT Supporter

Hi rubart... 600 is great but a big thick... Huge screen and great picture quality.. im guessing u just want point and click camera?

7. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

i have a sd630 and love the damn thing.

8. XGaSpAcHo

XGaSpAcHo New Member

i just got an sd600 last week and i love it. i was going to get the sd630 but i decided against it since it doesn't have an optical viewfinder and you need that if you're taking pictures outside on a bright sunny day.