Looking to buy an iPhone. Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kroze, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

I want to get one and have some questions. I saw some of them selling on ebay brand new "Sealed" from the factory for more than what the store is charging ($400). Is this activated?

Do I have to activate it once I get it? IE. Re-signing my contract for 2 years.

Or can I just use my existing AT&T sim card from my old phone.

And what is jailbreak?

2. Poundin Mounds

Poundin Mounds New Member

3. TALLandNcharge

TALLandNcharge New Member

The phones do not come activated. Once you receive it, you have to sync it with iTunes and it will guide you through the activation process. During this, you must agree to a new 2-year contract. The phone comes with a SIM card already installed and you must use it (or a new one). I own one and I highly recommend buying one.

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Just got mine all setup on my work account yesterday. Jailbroken in about 20 minutes. Working great. Now to try some of the applications my boss has developed for it.

5. BIGsteev

BIGsteev New Member

So does that mean if I want to buy an iPhone (and therefore switch from Verizon to AT&T) I won't be able to keep my same phone number and all that?

6. ///M

///M New Member

No, you should still be able to port it over.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

The iPhone setup in iTunes the first time you use it will walk you through bringing your same number over to AT&T. Takes a couple minutes to setup the account and anywhere from 10 minutes to 6 hours for the port to complete. Until the port completes you can call out from your iPhone but incoming calls will still goto your old phone.

8. BIGsteev

BIGsteev New Member

Thanks for the help guys. I got my new iPhone completely set up yesterday (with the same number and everything, didn't take too long either.) :big grin: