Looking to buy a used car

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by wallydog11, Feb 20, 2006.

1. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

Right now I own a 2nd gen rx7...I love it, it's my first car and i've put a lot of work into it, but i've been thinking about selling it and buying a newer used car for reliability and better gas mileage..right now my rx7 has been reliable at 160,000kms....but i'm worried about driving far distances with it eventhough it's never failed me before. the gas mileage is pretty bad...i get roughly 400km to a 50L tank. I just spent $2000 last year on a fresh paintjob and fixed the rust...i'm hoping to get $2500-3000cdn if i sell it..and put another $5000 or so down for a newer car.

I'm looking for a car with good reliability, looks/luxury and decent speed. I don't want another 2 seater. I was thinking something like

-audi a4 (really liking this one)
    -maxima
    -accord
    -civic si

oh yeah, and it's gotta be an import..sorry but i don't trust domestics :mamoru:

anyone have other suggestions? or should I keep my rx7? I love it...i think ill cry if i ever get rid of her, just because of all the work and pain i've been through with her:rofl::wtc:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  2. whathappened2u

whathappened2u New Member

What year Audi A4? Everything prior to 99.5 (B6 models) had a lot of electrical problems as well as control arm problems. Many owners stated the car was in the shop more than it was driven.

3. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

really? damn, there goes that idea:wtc:

4. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

get the maximas. tehy're quick

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

you want something reliable and you want a used Audi :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For a commuter that is comfortable and reliable.. Honda or Nissan

6. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

my 06 civic pwnz as a commuter car. i'm getting 35, yes 35 actual MPG in city driving...(i reset the tripometer everytime i fill up and / howmany gallons it took to fill up). I just keep it below 3k rpm for each gear and it's 35mpg, going over 3k for each gear i get 29.9 mpg ;)

it only cost me $22 a fill up for 10.5-11 gallons.

not only that, the car only cost $14k. coupe & sedan