Looking to buy a SILENT case

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hydro, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Hydro

Hydro Guest

I am currently using a very nice $50 antec case i bought several years ago, which I was happy with. Except its noisy as fuck... And i think am conditioned to hate my computer because of this noise everytime i start it!!! (Case vibrates time to time, fans too loud, just overall loud)

I have built 4 computers so im not a noob but I have not been in the market for a while. I always opted for cheap cases (<$50)

Here is what I need from a case:

1. Silence

Yup.. thats the reason I am looking for a new case. I will throw my current AMD setup into it. ATX, no water cooling.

Budget is $150

I do care for looks, I actully perfer no lights or fancy designs, this will be in my room behind my desk

What do you guys recommend?

2. Hydro

Hydro Guest

3. rpark

rpark New Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129166

bought one of those.
    Its the quietest computer I've ever made (Even when my CPU is overclocked), most of the noise i hear is from my HD. The case has a suspended HD mount to reduce the vibrations of the HD.

Overall a nice case... a warning though, the PSU shipped will be dead. I got one with the void sticker already cut! So... instead of having to return the whole thing... I just bought the identical PSU from the local store and returned the broken one. =)

Pretty silent, i just wish it didn't have blue leds as the power indicator lights.... thats about all.

4. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

I use an Antec Sonata, it's very, very quiet. Just make sure you look at the fan decibel ratings as well before you buy some, because the only noise my case makes is from this shitty 120mm fan.

5. PFC Lowell

PFC Lowell Velox et Mortifer

Antec P180. In Black. sexiest case ever.