GUN Looking to buy a 1911

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Lensman, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Lensman

Lensman New Member

I currently own a Taurus PT99 (basically the same thing as a Beretta 92) and I've been thinking of getting a 1911. I will be receiving a nice bonus from my job soon so I was thinking this might be th perfect time to pick one up.

I want a WWII looking model (one that looks like the GI model from Springfield).

I've been looking at about 3 different manufacturers - Springfield, Charles Daly, and Rock Island Armory. I have been looking at those 3 because of the price. My uncle is a gunsmith and has an FFL license. He gets this catalog of guns and gun accessories (forget the name of it) with fairly cheap prices (which is what I need).

I think the Springfield GI model can be had for about $350 from this catalog.

Also, since my uncle is a gunsmith, he has taken courses on adjusting, tweaking, repairing 1911s so if I get one and it doesn't work perfect, he can fix it for me.

So which of those 3 would you choose or would you choose another brand? I'd like to keep it at $400 or around there.

2. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

Honestly If your keeping the bugdet down a upgrade to the milspec would be better. I'd saty away from the other two.

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Since you want a WWII model get the Springfield.

5. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

one of these days i want to get a 1911 used in ww2. ill just have to wait.:wtc:

6. Lensman

Lensman New Member

yeah, i would love to have one of those.
    i'd love to have a Garand and some other guns from WWII also.