looking @ taking over payments on an 05 r6

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by JiveTurky, May 23, 2006.

1. JiveTurky

JiveTurky viva la nog nog

a friend of mine bought this bike brand new and has put around 4000 miles on it....

he wants me to take over payments on it... which is nice because there's no way in hell i could lump over the whole sum at once...

the thing is he still owes $6900 on it... it has a full warrenty and what not for quite a while still...

the bike has only been dropped once.. broke off the right side foot peg, replaced... other than that i know the complete history of it....

i wish it was the raven edition but whatever... i will probably let my friend go nuts with the airbrush on it... hes reaalllly good. its the red one like this

[​IMG]

i used to have a 96 honda cbr 600 that i fell in love with... but sold because winters over here are pretty rediculous and i need transportation.

[​IMG]
    (old bike)

what do you guys think?

2. noxxs

noxxs New Member

if you can afford it and wont kill yourself then yeah, go for it if you really want to get back into it.

3. V!

V! New Member

The price seems a little high, especially when you figure in interest you are going to be paying as well

4. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

agreed. I wouldn't do it.

5. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

+1 to what everyone has said, i wouldnt repaint it because it'll definately drop the value and people will think it's been in a wreck

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

There are always issues when taking over payments from someone else.

Ive known of a couple of people who have done it, and both have gotten themselves screwed in the process.

Its jsut not worth it.
    And for the amount of money you would be paying out on the bike, you would likely be able to buy a brand new bike for around the same.

EIther way you will probibly end up hosing your friendship. As much as i hate to say it.
    Either...

A: You will take over the payments, and somthing screwy will happen, and you will get the short end of the stick, all while youve been paying for your buddies bike.

B: You dont take over the payments, and your buddies bike gets Repoed, and he hates your guts for not being a true friend and helping a nigga out.

Its bad news all around man.

7. oakie

oakie my ninja.

+1

get a hotbodies kit and paint that instead if you really want it black.

8. V!

V! New Member

What kind of friend pushes his financial burdens onto others?

9. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

More then would like to admit it.