SRS looking on the bright side

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozen11, Apr 3, 2008.

1. phrozen11

phrozen11 New Member

i know i dont have that many posts, but i am a long time reader..just like to read on my spare time usually.

the deal is, i am a big time soccer player. BIG time. i spend all of my free time almost doing that and im very dedicated, at the age of 16 i have a few college offers so far and play on a very good team and am the captain. today was the first day i got to go outside and shoot around in my home town, we have had tournys in warm places earlier this year though. today i went out with some friends and shot around and i just did horrible. I could shoot anything in the back of the net like usual...now im driving down to practice tomorrow and im sure ill play fine like i usually do being a center mid with my passing and such being great, but my shooting was horrible today. usually it isnt this bad but i just could get the hang of it. now usually these things dont bother me but i just feel like i need to vent. I feel a need to go out and redeem myself for shooting how i did cause i know i can do better..i hope it was just a case of being outside for the first time in a while but i need a confidence booster or something...

i guess i am looking for suggestions on how to keep my mind on the bright side and be able to say to myself, hey just cause i did bad today wont mean ill do bad tomorrow, cause im usually not like this..i just dont want it to become a habit

2. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

first time outside??? all we have is soccerr outside here, you play indoors?

3. phrozen11

phrozen11 New Member

yea during the winter...still snow on the ground in wisconsin

4. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

ahhh I see.

Well I play basketball and if I am having a shitty day shooting or playing overall the next day I ball my ass off and just forget about it.

5. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Just work thru it and understand that you'll have ups and downs. No sense in being too down about it. Just keep practicing and if you have natural talent it will shine thru with all the practice.

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

First of all, post count doesn't matter here. So don't sweat it. :big grin:

Dude, eat a sandwich and go to bed. :rofl: You'll be fine in the morning. I totally know what you're talking about. I was a ballerina growing up- between classes and practice, I was dancing 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. Some days you're amazing and the next day, you feel like you couldn't land a decent turn if your life depended on it. Just relax, get a good night's sleep and forget about it. You'll be back to your normal self tomorrow.