WEB Looking For Wordpress Plugins, Have A Few Customization Questions As Well.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by alwaysth, May 12, 2009.

1. alwaysth

alwaysth New Member

Few questions about wordpress plugins and ability to customize.

- Please recommend some sites that have lots of plug-ins, or some that you personally use/rate high.

- How do plugins affect server loads, any diffrenece that is notice, or do they run pretty much with ease vs. using none at all? Lets say you use 15+.

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

why not do a search, been plenty of threads that have to do with must have wordpress plugins, no need to have another thread about it

3. Browning

Browning Active Member

4. Ebtek

Ebtek Afraid of 138

5. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

First question is irrelevant as you should have a specific need for a plugin, not just for the sake of using them because they are popular.
    If you asked, "i want to place adsense in my wp blog, what plugin do you suggest" then you will get better answers. But, you should know this.

The second question cannot be answered as it is entirely dependent on the coding in the plugin. Ive had sites with 5+ plugins on a shared host and they ran no different than a site with no plugins on the same host. But again, one bad plugin can probably bring your site to a crawl.

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

That's impossible to benchmark something like that without seeing which plug-ins are being used and how they perform.

7. alwaysth

alwaysth New Member

Sorry, I haven't been in here awhile or browsed around much. But next time I will, actually searching now thanks.

8. alwaysth

alwaysth New Member

Right, I was looking for more ways that I didn't know about to make a wordpress theme more user-freindly. But I'm betting I would have installed so many unessicary plugins without thinking first. Second - Thanks for the answers I will have to test it out. :bigthumb: