Looking for that certain someone...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Spongemom, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Spongemom

Spongemom Dot Com

I'm headed to bed right now, but I wanted to give this a chance to maybe get some responses for when I get back. :hsugh:

I'm trying to move my forum from one server to another, and I'm stuck. I've made a backup of the data from the old forum, but I can't get it to upload anywhere. Not in the file manager, not the phpmyadmin, nowhere.

I'm looking for someone who uses SBC Yahoo web hosting, because if you're using anything else, I probably won't know what you're talking about.

The person I'm looking for must either live in or around Coffeyville Kansas and be willing to come watch over my shoulder and tell me what the hell I'm doing, or be willing to talk me through every step on either MSN or Yahoo messenger.

More info here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=307569

And my posts in this thread http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=307648 contain a few more issues I'm confused on.

I've been through all their tutorials, and nothing seems to fit my particular set of problems. The posts that have been made in that thread so far have done nothing but send me whirling in circles and leaving a few new files stuck in places I might not even be able to find again.

I'll be back in the morning to see the bountiful offers to guide me through this frustratingly complicated situation.

:wiggle:

2. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

No need for them to be there, when you can just install remote software of some sort.

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

:wtf:

4. Spongemom

Spongemom Dot Com

Well that made no sense...

5. Bridge

Bridge Guest

Give me a shout, I'm bored and can fix your problems :)

PM me or is it called IM here.. either way.. then I'll e-mail you, send over your yahoo ID or something.