MIL Looking for some info...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Indagator, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Indagator

Indagator Twist of Cain

Hey guys. I've developed an interest in military history, more specifically naval military history. I've been trying to find a website with pictures/examples of the old wooden warships used during the time of the Napoleonic Wars by the British, Spanish, and French (and also US actually), but I can't seem to find one :hs:. Yes, I apparently suck at google :rolleyes: so I was hoping there might be some Navy in here that could help provide a couple of links? I'm looking for pics/drawings/paintings/examples of said ships if possible.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in for this, but considering it *is* a part of military history I thought I'd have better chances here than elsewhere. By the way, if you're wondering what got me interested in this...it's from watching Horatio Hornblower on A&E. Great, great series and it's really piqued my interest in the old wooden ships and the strategies used during that time in those ships.

Thanks guys :bigthumb:.

2. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Search for periodicals and books at your local library. You know the intranets doesn't have everything.

3. Indagator

Indagator Twist of Cain