Looking for some help with calories and bmr in regards to weight loss and activity...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by minus, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I've read the stickys.

I'm currently at 2200-2400 calories a day. I've dropped 40 lbs in 4 months. That was 3 days of strength and 3 days of cardio.

I've changed things to 3 days of strength and cardio 5 days a week. I'm wondering what I should Move my caloric intake to I'm thinking that the current intake might be too low.

I am 250 lbs and looking for fat loss as a primary goal.

2. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I recommend doing 5 days of weightlifting and 3 days of cardio. If you're still new to diet/exercise, you should be able to put on muscle while you lose fat.

Keep your calories where they're at and see how your body reacts. If you're losing strength in the gym and losing a lot of weight, up the calories a bit. Ideally, if you're a noob you should be getting stronger and losing body fat.

3. minus

The tons of cardio is just in prep for the cpat. It is a mix of increased distance and interval running. It will be over in 2 months.

4. minus

anyone else?

5. keeler

keeler New Member

keep your caloric intake the same. Personally i do better with 5 cardio workouts and 2 lifting days a week. and by do better, i mean i lose more fat and maintain the same weight when i lift. But its different for everyone, just try it out and see. same goes with the calories, if you up your exercise and you start feeling tired and shitty all the time then up your calories slightly and see if it helps at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.